Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sierra - The Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    The cutting board comments are great!

You could sell the tweeter cut outs for cable risers or isolation feet.
    Last edited by Quinn; 05-16-2007 at 08:23 PM.

I love the new cabinets and the black finish especially. I bet it would look amazing as a floorstander.

That cumulative spectral decay measurement is really clean. If you look at measurements taken of most other speakers (even speakers costing several thousands of dollars), you can see they have a lot more resonance.

http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/index.html

If you go with the natural (which I would for the rears, otherwise be prepared for using a step ladder once a week to dust them off) -- use the threaded insert and then just use a wood screw for the other mounting hole. No way you will damage the cabinet
    Dust? If you just leave it alone, it gets a nice even coating which looks just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    Dust? If you just leave it alone, it gets a nice even coating which looks just fine...
    If you wait long enough between dusting, it may match the finish of the se series! BONUS

Thanks guys I'll be here all week.

Understandable...

Since you have the 170 mounted without any angle, the force applied to the 1/4-20 insert is vertical so the cabinet absorbs all of it (no risk of the insert pulling free from the cabinet) For your method, the insert will support the speaker.
    Actually, they are at an angle now...the picture is old. They are now about a 25 degree angle towards the listening position.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    You could sell the tweeter cut outs for cable risers or isolation feet.
    Coasters!
    -curtis

I notice that the spectral decay graph goes all the way down to -38dB.

On the graphs that Stereophile publishes, they only go down to -24dB. Does this mean that if you were to graph these measurements on the same scale, that they would look even better?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    Coasters!
    Perfect use for the driver cutouts! Or small cutting boards for say your home bar. Hmmm....what size would the port cutouts be?

Thumbs up

Vertical Bamboo huh?

Curtis, does this sound familiar?
    LMAO!!

I can say without a doubt, how awesome Bamboo is, and it is WITHOUT QUESTION, a very difficult substrate to cut and keep from fraying.
    Are they heating the bit to keep it from fraying?

I know this, because I used Carbonized Vertical Bamboo to do my dining room floor(and steps to Foyer and LR), and have had discussion about using the excess I have on hand(with Curtis), to cover a Ryhtmic sub I am contemplating.

These things will be VERY well received(as long as the folks have the dough), the beauty of bamboo is just incredible, and it is VERY strong.

WTG Dave!!