Thread: 340SE Center channel placement question.

Default 340SE Center channel placement question.

Ok,
    Im using this entertainment center, click
    and plan on putting the speaker on the top shelf, (alone). Aside from the, what i assume, obvious disadvantage of laying the speaker directly on a glass shelf, i need to raise it 4-6 inches to bring the tweeter inline with ear level, or find a small base that tilts, or a combination of both. HSU & SVS include a small tilt base with their centers, & i based my original setup on this fact. (Not knocking Ascend, this assumption was my bad!!!) Some questions:

Are there any small tilt bases out there that people use with their centers? I really want to find one of these to keep the "pointing" of the center flexible. Ive seen a few for like $120, which seems ludicrous given some great ID companies give these away for free with their speakers.

What material should i place between the center speaker & stand,and stand & glass to dampen vibrations? Or is that unnecessary?

This is going below a 96" screen which is mounted a little too high, so i dont want the speaker above the screen.
    Thanks for any information/suggestions!
    -D
    Last edited by watsonusn; 02-17-2007 at 01:50 AM.

Auralex MoPads. Or grap a couple of those clear nylon(?) door stops/wedges and see if those will do it for you.

MoPads work great I love mine. If you have a Guitar Center near you the MoPads can be found there. Otherwise, plenty of places on line have 'em.
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Default This thing is HUGE!!!

Lol,
    i dont think i was prepared for how big these ascends are!!! Wow!!!
    Thanks for the ideas, ill post back with what i get.