Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new CMT-340c bad review

Pretty interesting. And he is going to try Rockets, which do not have any reviews on AudioReview. One bad review out of 5 does not mean much.

-curtis

ummm...M T M...lobing...Rocket lover...

Wouldn't that just be Mad Dog from the Rocket board spewing his propaganda?

[]I had the same thougths but I also made me think that meybe it had some validity. I'm going to order the ELT tonight and hear for myself.

JH

are you going to order the mains as well as the center? Would love to know your thoughts of the ELT mains compared to the CBM-170 as well.

-curtis

I would be much more likely to believe the first review (Bassnbrim), it seems like that guy really has his act together! ([]) Seriously, speakers are so subjective that you can't expect a particular model to please everyone. Like Curtis said, "One bad review out of 5 does not mean much".

Everyone is certainly entitled to draw their own conclusions. However, it is a bit premature to assume that the review he left is indeed legitimate.

I find it quite bizarre that this "customer" was so turned off by our speaker that he elected to sell it to his "friend" and take a loss rather than return it for full refund? He also assumes that there is nothing wrong with the speaker where it is possible that he received a defective unit.

I will say that at this point in time, we do not know who this "reviewer" is nor do we have any correspondence from any of our customers even closely resembling the complaints he posted. I personally spent half the day researching who this person might be, with absolutely no results. I ask that if the person who left that review is reading this, please contact me directly to arrange for return and full refund of the speaker in question. Or, at least let us try and determine if something is wrong. Please call me directly at (310) 719-9786.

I can say with much honesty that we have already sold a much larger quantity of CMT-340c centers than we ever expected. The feedback we have received is overwhelmingly positive and the satisfaction rate is even higher than our renowned 170s. We have NEVER received a complaint even remotely similar to what this "reviewer" is claiming....

Thanks for ALL your support!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I emailed this person as soon as I read his review, before I posted this thread. I asked him what his thoughts on the CBM-170'S are since he stated he got them together.

I have yet to hear back from him.

David, Why don't you try reachinging him on the his email address in Audioreview?

JH

BTW I've decided to hold off on the ELT. It was $30 to ship witch isn't that bad but when considering spending about $60 either way I decided made me stop to think about it more. I don't want to spend that $60 but for the right speaker I will. I did have some concerns over timbering with my Acsend mains. David didn't think it was a good idea not to match. So in conclution I decided to have a good listen to the 340 and if I'm not totally pleased I'll order the ELT then make my final.
    BTW David's new post on lobing was very helpfull and reasured me in my decision. [^]

JH

Thanks for emailing this person.

We have indeed emailed him through the AudioReview website. Like yourself, we have not received any reply. I have contacted AudioReview management and I hope they will attempt to contact this person. They are the only ones who have his "real" email address.

We have had many similar reviews left for our CBM-170s. Upon investigation, the reviews were removed because no contact was made with the reviewer (fake reviews). However, this process takes time while in the meantime our reputation is hurt.

We are a growing small business and we try to stay out of all the internet hype machines. Our customers are known to be friendly, helpful, and brutally honest, similar to how I try to represent Ascend in the general public. I can tell you it is not easy. I recently read a thread where a respected audio enthusiast recently and publicly called our CBM-170s "FUGLY". Nice... huh? Sure, they are not for everyone's taste, but to describe them so eloquently in a public manner? I guess since so few loudspeakers can even compare soundwise at their price point, something extremely negative had to be said.

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave,

My wife and I love the sound from the 170s and subwoofer. But there are "additional costs": all the CDs and DVDs we are buying now!

I would tend to doubt this last reviewer, since the comments were opposite of the other comments, regarding clarity. Sounds like, if legit, a bad unit. But the lack of contact with you does indicate a fake review: no one who buys via the internet suddenly "drops out" of the web process.

Pegleg