Thread: Serious Placement Issues - Help!

Default Serious Placement Issues - Help!

Ok, so I've finally gotten my other CBM-170 AND I've finally gotten space to set them up. What I have set up now is only going to be here for about a week, but I can't wait that long :P

I have a rather large, 21" Trinitron Monitor. The right speaker is about three inches from a wall and two inches from the monitor, pitched in somewhat. Both speakers are at near-eye level. The left speaker isn't near any wall and is roughly the same distance from the monitor...

The problem? I don't hit the sweet spot unless I shove my face really close to the monitor - causing the tweeters to be practically radiating right to my ears...when I do that, voices sound properly centered and the sound opens up to be extremely lifelike. When I sit back, it's ok...definately better than what I've been forced to listen to this past year or so, but it really doesn't sound as good unless I do something dorky like cup my ears with my hands...

Oh, and both speakers are just about under 2 feet away from my face. I'm sure that has something to do with it...

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by KojiroTakenashi
    Oh, and both speakers are just about under 2 feet away from my face. I'm sure that has something to do with it...
    It sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by KojiroTakenashi
    Any advice?
    If ya can't move em, You'll just have ta deal with what ya got. If this is only for a week, have patience. They tell me it's a virtue.

David