Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate stands for 170's?

Default Alternate stands for 170's?

I'm about to order a pair of 170SE's for my mains but I noticed the recommended stands are out of stock. What other stands have people used for them?

Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I went with these....http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4006313

Not the most stylish, but rugged, stable, and a Great Value.

These look to be the same one that Ascend sells. I'm not sure if the price is for one or the pair.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4015281

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Pickle
    These look to be the same one that Ascend sells. I'm not sure if the price is for one or the pair.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4015281

It says stands in the text of the description and shipping weight is 35lbs. I'm guessing it is a pair. I'd call or e-mail JR to verify before ordering.

I'd also like to know good alternate stands for the 340s. I currently have mine on these old stands, which are about 26" high. I found that they sound even better when I slouch down slightly in my seat so my ears are closer to tweeter level - I'm afraid the 24" height of Ascend's 340 stands (w/ spiked feet) is too short for me (I'm 6'1".)

Should you be listening w/ the tweeters at ear level, or am I just hearing improvements that aren't actually there?

Quote Originally Posted by KPFury
    I'd also like to know good alternate stands for the 340s. I currently have mine on these old stands, which are about 26" high. I found that they sound even better when I slouch down slightly in my seat so my ears are closer to tweeter level - I'm afraid the 24" height of Ascend's 340 stands (w/ spiked feet) is too short for me (I'm 6'1".)

Should you be listening w/ the tweeters at ear level, or am I just hearing improvements that aren't actually there?
    I can certainly hear a difference between standing and sitting, but not between a 4 or 5 inches.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I can certainly hear a difference between standing and sitting, but not between a 4 or 5 inches.
    When I first got my 340's & stands, I did some testing with the speakers at different hights (about 4 or 5 inches additional) and wasn't able to tell a difference. At that point I just relaxed and enjoyed the music. For what it's worth, I'm 6'3".

David

Default Omnimount Stands

The OMNIMOUNT 300s look perfect...and they have a nice range adjustment. If you have em and highly recommend them please chime in with why they are the best. They are at the top of my list for my 170SEs which I think sound a little better at higher than ear level. BTW I'm cursed, every speaker I hear is compared to the SEs and no one has beat them yet.

Mark

I want a pair of these:

http://www.bello.com/index.php?parti...67&categ_id=43

Right now, I have the 30" Woodtech ones mentioned earlier in my HT. They're okay, but I wished I had picked up something more snazzy.
    Jon O.