PDA

View Full Version : Ascend Customer Service

airs
03-24-2005, 10:09 AM
All I can say is wow! I had a very slight buzz develop in one of the woofers in a 340M last week. I let David know about it and 5 days later I had a brand new 340M. They even included a pre-paid shipping label for me to send the defective one back. For all you potential buyers reading these forums, take note...Ascend cares about the satisfaction of its customers!

Jonnyozero3
03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Ahhh Ascend...good people...good speakers. :D

Eddie Horton
03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
This is why a net direct small company will always get my business before a large mass market will. Companies like Ascend have a direct relationship with the people that buy the speakers with no middle man, so they can take the time to make sure I'm happy. David has my business for life. Great customer service, good web site, published frequency response, and a no-nonsense what you see is what you get attitude......can't ask for anything more.

Wharf Rat
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
You won't get an argument from me. Dave was great to work with when ordering my system and was very accommodating about shipping it out complete on a specified date so I could be home to accept it. Later, when the receiver I purchased developed a problem with the cooling fan there was not problem returning it even though I had decided to go a different direction with separates. I would recommend Ascend to anyone.

Mag_Neato
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Amen, brutha! :D

bikeman
03-24-2005, 12:40 PM
UPS destroyed one of my 340's. Dave had a new speaker in my home within days. Prepaid return label included. Loyal? You bet. The fact that they kicked the butt of all the other speakers that I demo'ed didn't hurt either. http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

David

jimsiff
03-24-2005, 01:18 PM
When I ordered my 340/VTF3 combo, there was a small cosmetic defect on one of my 340s. A small 3/8" x 1" section of the black finish bubbled up from the MDF core. I didn't notice it at first because the defect was behind the grill. I sent Ascend an email with a picture showing the defect. The next day, Dave had a new 340 sent via UPS with prepaid return shipping... no questions asked.

I'm on the extender plan, and since then I've purchased my 340C. In the next couple weeks, I will be finishing my 5.1 setup with a pair of 170s. I can't wait to set it up, tweak it, and enjoy these incredible speakers in surround sound.

MacG
03-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I second (or third) that. David was very responsive and helpful when I was doing my research for speakers. After my purchase of a 5.1 speaker system from Ascend, I found that one of the Omni Mount I ordered for the 170s surround seemed used and didn't come with the proper hardware. I emailed David and was given an apology by James (Ascend employee), sent a new Omni Mount and told to keep the defective one for parts. There will always be problems when doing business. How a company handles it is where it counts. I give Ascend an A+ for that.

jojo
03-24-2005, 04:28 PM
All I can say is wow! I had a very slight buzz develop in one of the woofers in a 340M last week. I let David know about it and 5 days later I had a brand new 340M. They even included a pre-paid shipping label for me to send the defective one back. For all you potential buyers reading these forums, take note...Ascend cares about the satisfaction of its customers!

Im a potential buyer and Im already pleased with the responses I've gotten from David. He answered all my dumb questions, and probably questions that he has been asked many times before. That one big reason why im going with ascend and im already a fan, even though I havent heard these speakers yet. another reason is this forum and the people on it. everyone on here is great. keep it up, and every internet surfer with have these speakers

Ben_Wood
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
I've said many times that the only thing that approaches Ascend's high level of product quality is their wonderful customer service (both before and after the sale). Not many companies offer the high value Ascend gives their customers, factor in the very responsive customer service, add programs such as the "extender" purchase plan and the 30 day in-home trial period and it is basically a no-brainer proposition. David and company deserve all of the success that they are experiencing.

Lou-the-dog
03-24-2005, 05:51 PM
And I'll fourth'll that! (did I invent a new word?) Before I was able to get my 340's mounted on the stands one of my toddlers pushed one over. The floor was carpeted so no major damage done but a couple of the grill guides were sheared off. James sent some new ones (with spares to boot) free of charge.
I realize guides are not high dollar items but most other outfits would have used the opportunity to make a few easy bucks off my misfortune. Thanks Dave and James!!

Randy

DeftOne
03-26-2005, 12:57 AM
I am not even a customer (yet) and I must say that I have had all of my dumb newbie questions answered and had a wonderful and friendly conversation with James at Ascend. No pressure, no salesmanship, i got the distinct impression that he actually cared that I choose the right system. I think I talked with him for about 1/2 hour!

Now if only I could choose a subwoofer.