PDA

View Full Version : Newb with an odd question

Boryaf
03-22-2024, 10:07 PM
Hello. I live close to San Clemente so I decided to give a 3 channel sierra lx setup a go. They are phenomenal - exactly what I wanted and more.

The odd question? What would Mr.Fabrikant come up with for a $10k sale price tower set? How about a $5-8k horizontal center channel? Has this been discussed? Are there threads about it somewhere?

I was close to end game with my main setup, martin logan esl11 and the illusion c34a. The Sierra LX has me rethinking the whole setup.

curtis
03-22-2024, 10:17 PM
Hello. I live close to San Clemente so I decided to give a 3 channel sierra lx setup a go. They are phenomenal - exactly what I wanted and more.

The odd question? What would Mr.Fabrikant come up with for a $10k sale price tower set? How about a $5-8k horizontal center channel? Has this been discussed? Are there threads about it somewhere?

I was close to end game with my main setup, martin logan esl11 and the illusion c34a. The Sierra LX has me rethinking the whole setup.
Did you hear the ELX Tower?

Boryaf
03-22-2024, 10:28 PM
Did you hear the ELX Tower?

I did not! Is that something I can do at the shop on a slow day perhaps? You think a demo will convince me to switch? Think you’d put the v2 center up against the c34a?

curtis
03-22-2024, 10:40 PM
I did not! Is that something I can do at the shop on a slow day perhaps? You think a demo will convince me to switch? Think you’d put the v2 center up against the c34a?
Don’t know if it will convince you, but it so easy to find out. Go listen!

zeeke42
03-25-2024, 06:17 AM
Don’t know if it will convince you, but it so easy to find out. Go listen!

It's probably good for me that I live on the opposite coast. I'm happy to enjoy my LX and not know what I'm missing.

davef
03-26-2024, 02:58 AM

Happy to know that you are enjoying the LX!

These are easy answers for me:

The odd question? What would Mr.Fabrikant come up with for a $10k sale price tower set?

ELX Ribbon Towers.

How about a $5-8k horizontal center channel? Has this been discussed?

ELX Ribbon Horizon.

Please don't use our pricing as any type of performance gauge. If ELX Ribbon Towers were to be sold at a retail establishment, they would easily be about $11K per pair. ELX Ribbon Horizon, likely around $6K each.

Has this been discussed? Are there threads about it somewhere?

https://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?7715-We-Saved-The-Best-For-Last!

SunByrne
03-26-2024, 05:51 PM
I live close to San Clemente

Consider yourself lucky. You should absolutely swing by Ascend—let Dina know you're coming in advance—and give a listen. It's a treat, but be warned, it might give you a huge case of upgrade-itis.

Boryaf
03-26-2024, 10:37 PM
Thank you David for the reply! Awesome thread - good reading for me.

And I will definitely plan some time to go for a demo.

davef
04-01-2024, 01:55 AM
Thank you David for the reply! Awesome thread - good reading for me.

And I will definitely plan some time to go for a demo.

Sounds good! Just give us a call to schedule the demo whenever you are ready.