PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Treatments

fozzythebear
08-25-2023, 01:34 PM
Where should I put more acoustic treatment panels? I don't have an unlimited supply, but I have 10-20 more 1 foot squares. Just continue going further on the right? Would panels behind the speakers do any benefit?

The floor has a throw carpet, 9 foot ceiling, and to the left of this picture the other wall is 10 feet away.

Please excuse the mess, I'm a slob ;)

e: Oh and thanks for the recommendation on the speaker wall mounts, Dave, they work perfectly!

mikesiskav
08-25-2023, 05:59 PM
I would put some behind the speakers. Some of the sound travels around the speaker towards the wall and then bounces back and interferes with the sound. Some treatments there should help.

natetg57
08-27-2023, 12:12 PM
Can you put sound treatments on the wall directly behind you? That might minimize some echo in the room? I wouldn't recommend covering up too much since some reflections help the speakers to sound more spacious. Even though you're probably not getting symmetrical reverberations either, so maybe more sound dampening is better. I wish I knew more about it. Maybe you can just use some double sided tape and try it out different ways. Especially if you can have someone else move the panels and you just listen with your eyes closed.

racrawford65
08-27-2023, 02:30 PM
Guess you can't move the setup a bit to the left and then remount the speakers so the right one isn't in a corner?

Although you have the panels, maybe reach out to one of the suppliers like GIK for a free analysis of your room and get recommendations on panels (although you have some) and placement?

SunByrne
08-27-2023, 02:52 PM
I'd run REW and see where your worst reflections are coming from, and treat those spots.