PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

davef
05-29-2023, 06:11 PM
Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

We have something very special and truly unique to offer, something no other speaker manufacturer that we know of has the capability to offer to its customers.

It is no surprise that our new ELX line (https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/elx-series) is a smash hit, these are true state-of-the-art endgame speakers that have been designed using only the very best custom manufactured drivers all combined and optimized using the most advanced R&D tools currently available. Very few speaker manufacturers have these same capabilities and know-how. This highly advanced technology has led to a customer satisfaction rate of 100% for our ELX line. This is unprecedented in this industry, which typically averages a return rate of 6-8% at best.

And while our ELX line is our most discussed product right now (rightfully so) – this same technology has been applied to the design and optimization of our new V2 towers. Our V2 towers provide significantly improved performance compared to our original towers, and these fully deserve some public awareness and attention.

For the first time in our history, we are putting our towers on sale, and with a unique twist that only Ascend Acoustics can offer.

For a limited time, save nearly $500 on a pair of our V2 Ribbon Towers or V2 Titan Towers. (https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/sierra-series-pairs/products/sierra-tower-v2-pair) This purchase then also locks in the current ELX upgrade kit pricing for a period of 2 full years, should you desire to upgrade the V2 to ELX. We will also waive our labor fee if you prefer to have us perform the ELX upgrade for you within that 2-year period. You would only be responsible for all shipping costs and the cost of the ELX upgrade kit.

Our V2 Towers are a true benchmark product at their standard prices, at these sale prices - no product can touch the performance they offer. This is a truly unique opportunity to enjoy a pair of our incredible V2 towers right now at exceptional pricing, and then when you are ready – upgrade your towers to ELX. If you perform the ELX upgrade yourself, you are essentially paying the same price as if you bought a brand new ELX pair.

Enjoy V2 towers right now, and then when your time and budget allow – you can EXPERIENCE true endgame performance with the ELX. In addition, with the V2 towers, we guarantee all ELX drivers will drop in without needing any cabinet modifications, thus making the ELX upgrade a relatively simple, educational, and fun project.

Wishing you all the very best as we honor those who have fought so bravely for the freedoms we enjoy in our wonderful country.

Mahawkma
05-30-2023, 06:28 PM
Hi,

So what would be the upgrade cost to the ELX? Will it require soldering?

Thanks

racrawford65
05-30-2023, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if the introductory ELX upgrade pricing is still current...the intro pricing was ~$1000 per speaker.

As to soldering, I am assuming yes as I'm guessing the v2 and ELX cross-overs are different. The soldering is pretty easy though. I had never soldered before doing my ELX upgrades and wasn't a problem. I did desolder/solder on an old Luna Duo cross-over to get the feel of it.

Mahawkma
05-30-2023, 08:36 PM
<snip>

I was wrong in a very wrong way :)

davef
05-31-2023, 01:33 AM
Hi,

So what would be the upgrade cost to the ELX? Will it require soldering?

Thanks

The upgrade kit from V2 to ELX (Titan dome or RAAL ribbon) = $2198 for the pair + shipping. There is some very simple soldering required.

Instructions are attached.

With current V2 towers, we are testing each cabinet to make sure all ELX components fit prior to assembly. We have a new cabinet maker for these and their tolerances are perfect so far.

davef
05-31-2023, 01:35 AM
Actually,

I think the crossovers are the same after reading a ton of info this evening so perhaps no soldering(could be wrong). Still curious on the upgrade price.

Crossovers are not the same, every iteration of the Tower (V2 Dome, Titan, ELX Ribbon, ELX Titan) requires a different highly optimized crossover.

Mahawkma
05-31-2023, 03:16 PM
Crossovers are not the same, every iteration of the Tower (V2 Dome, Titan, ELX Ribbon, ELX Titan) requires a different highly optimized crossover.

Thanks for answering my questions Dave. I ordered the V2s last night. Been wanting the towers for a long time and the sale pushed me over the edge. So, the LXs will go downstairs to replace the v2 Lunas and those will go upstairs to replace the V1 surrounds. Probably will list the V1s for a good price and make someone a happy camper.

Hawk

davef
06-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Thanks for answering my questions Dave. I ordered the V2s last night. Been wanting the towers for a long time and the sale pushed me over the edge. So, the LXs will go downstairs to replace the v2 Lunas and those will go upstairs to replace the V1 surrounds. Probably will list the V1s for a good price and make someone a happy camper.

Hawk

Thanks so much for placing the order! You are in for a real treat with the V2 towers and I can't wait for your feedback.

Enjoy!!!

Blingleberry
06-12-2023, 11:32 AM
Is the upgrade to ELX the same whether Ribbon or Titan? If not what does an upgrade from ELX Titan to ELX Ribbon involve?

Thx!!

racrawford65
06-12-2023, 12:12 PM
AFAIK, yes the upgrade from v2 tower to Raal or titan is the same process, although different x-over.
From elx raal to elx titan (or vice versa), obviously tweeter and x-over swap. I’m assuming tweeter cut out is same size so no woodworking. Not sure if anything else

Mag_Neato
06-12-2023, 12:52 PM
I believe that going from either of the dome tweeters to the big RAAL requires some involved modifications to the cabinet/tweeter cutout, and once you modify it for the RAAL there is no going back to the dome.... fitment-wise.

The smaller RAAL made for the Sierra-2EX was originally designed for the Sierra-2 to be a direct drop in for the Sierra-1 & NrT dome tweeters, but thre big RAAL is another animal.

racrawford65
06-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Thanks, Ed

Hopefully Dave will chime in. From pics on website, they look to be same diameter. Not sure about what’s behind the faceplate, though. From a manufacturing/inventory standpoint, I would think 1 cabinet for either tweeter option would be logistically simpler

davef
06-12-2023, 03:30 PM
Is the upgrade to ELX the same whether Ribbon or Titan? If not what does an upgrade from ELX Titan to ELX Ribbon involve?

Thx!!

Changing from ribbon to dome or dome to ribbon is complex as it requires significant internal cabinet modifications. We are happy to do this at our facility, but it is not recommended for customers to attempt this.

racrawford65
06-12-2023, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Dave, for clarifying

Brannigan
06-15-2023, 10:31 PM
Is there a trade up option for going from OG raal towers to ELX ribbon towers? I know you have an upgrade kit available but do you have a straight swap available for those willing to pay to move up?

racrawford65
06-16-2023, 03:28 AM
I don't think they do a swap for V1 towers (+$$) to ELX Towers.

You did note the DIY upgrade kit (which is fairly straight-forward). If not comfortable doing it yourself, you can send in your Towers for Ascend to do the upgrade.

davef
06-16-2023, 09:05 PM
Is there a trade up option for going from OG raal towers to ELX ribbon towers? I know you have an upgrade kit available but do you have a straight swap available for those willing to pay to move up?

I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean trading in your current V1 towers for ELX towers? If that is what you mean, we don't offer this. Also, it would cost you a lot less to simply have us upgrade your V1 towers to ELX if you do not want to do the upgrade yourself.

Do you want new tower cabinets or different finish?

maheeinfy
08-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Good luck with sale
$3100 for RAAL v2 towers is a great price