PDA

View Full Version : Canare Star Quad at B&H - nice cables but not extortion-priced

laserllama
11-02-2022, 04:06 PM
Maybe a bit expensive, but not like overpaying for Mogami XLR like expensive. Found these recently at B&H and really like them. Braided, super nice connectors:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/963128-REG/canare_ca4s112b2b20_haveflex_4s11_speaker_cable.ht ml

I am not one to believe in speaker cable myths, I just want nice connectors and ones that won't tear up. I originally ran my own wire with banana plugs and it's going to sound basically the same of course :)

Mag_Neato
01-10-2023, 08:34 AM
I recently purchased a pair of 6' Canare 4S11 Star Quad cables, terminated at both ends with Eminence gold bananas from Amazon..... World's Best Cables, and they are very well made and for a great price!

racrawford65
01-11-2023, 04:14 AM
Markertek is a good place to get Canare cables (eg RCA, XLR, bulk speaker) for very good prices.

Mag_Neato
01-11-2023, 07:54 AM
Markertek is a good place to get Canare cables (eg RCA, XLR, bulk speaker) for very good prices.

Another good option for the DIY'er.

I had an Amazon gift card to use so I figured I'd give the WBC Canare cables a shot. They have replaced an old set of Tara Labs cables I've had for a long time. Those are very stiff 4 wire copper 2+2 Bi-wire jobs. I had clamp style bananas on the speaker end. The Canare's are stiff as well, but more flexible, with silver-soldered bananas and look very nice.

bkdc
01-18-2024, 07:10 PM
I enjoy making my own cables as I know it was done properly with quality parts and exact lengths. But World Best Cables on Amazon is the best bang for the buck using very high quality parts and connectors. That’s where I would go. I’m amazed at the pricing for the parts that are used.