PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy protective cardboard for RAAL tweeters

bkdc
05-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Can anyone comment on where I can buy sheets of the cardboard material (which is clearly ferromagnetic as it sticks to the RAAL tweeter magnet) that comes with the speakers that protect the RAAL tweeters?

I suspect this is not that expensive.

curtis
05-26-2022, 10:13 AM
Can anyone comment on where I can buy sheets of the cardboard material (which is clearly ferromagnetic as it sticks to the RAAL tweeter magnet) that comes with the speakers that protect the RAAL tweeters?

I'd give Ascend/Dina a call.

davef
05-26-2022, 04:41 PM

Blue painters tape works just as well, this is what I use...

bkdc
05-26-2022, 08:28 PM
Blue painters tape works just as well, this is what I use...

Haha that is what I use too when I'm temporarily removing or rotating the tweeter.

clarinetdude108
07-01-2022, 11:47 AM
So to clarify- I’m about to do the v2 upgrades and I can’t find the magnetic tweeter protectors. Is the blue painters tape good enough here? I don’t want to accidentally break anything doing the upgrades!

davef
07-01-2022, 05:04 PM
So to clarify- I’m about to do the v2 upgrades and I can’t find the magnetic tweeter protectors. Is the blue painters tape good enough here? I don’t want to accidentally break anything doing the upgrades!

Yes, blue painter's tape is absolutely good enough. It is what we use here when doing the same work.