PDA

View Full Version : Thread size for the Tower feet

elan120
08-27-2021, 12:33 PM
Does anyone happened to know the thread size for the spikes that goes into the Tower base plate? I assume they are 1/4-20, but not certain if they are.

I will be placing them on hardwood floor, and trying to find replacement feet for them.

davef
08-27-2021, 03:05 PM
Does anyone happened to know the thread size for the spikes that goes into the Tower base plate? I assume they are 1/4-20, but not certain if they are.

I will be placing them on hardwood floor, and trying to find replacement feet for them.

the threaded inserts are 1/4-20 and here is a direct link to what I recommend for use on hardwood floors. I use these myself and recommend them regularly:

http://amzn.com/B00O66SWPO

Have a great weekend!

elan120
08-27-2021, 03:13 PM
the threaded inserts are 1/4-20 and here is a direct link to what I recommend for use on hardwood floors. I use these myself and recommend them regularly:

http://amzn.com/B00O66SWPO

Have a great weekend!

Thank you, Dave,

You have a wonderful weekend also.

John Galt
09-14-2021, 07:10 AM

There are also these as an option: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?7064-Found-new-speaker-feet-for-Sierra-Towers-and-hardwood-tile-floors&p=62440#post62440

elan120
09-14-2021, 07:48 AM
There are also these as an option: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?7064-Found-new-speaker-feet-for-Sierra-Towers-and-hardwood-tile-floors&p=62440#post62440

Thank you for the link, John,

I plan to try out the GAIA III along with the Felt Levelers Dave recommended, but plan to do this in later stages of setup, once I have other items settled.

racrawford65
09-15-2021, 05:40 AM
The GAIA's work well on the Towers (I use them) although a bit more $$. I like that they keep the speakers in position and it takes a bit of effort to break the "suction" to move the speakers.

elan120
09-15-2021, 06:34 AM
The GAIA's work well on the Towers (I use them) although a bit more $$. I like that they keep the speakers in position and it takes a bit of effort to break the "suction" to move the speakers.

Good to know that you like them. They work very well in other vibration isolation applications also.

racrawford65
09-16-2021, 03:15 AM
I've not tried the GAIAs in other applications. I currently use Symposium isolation products in other applications - Segue ISO under my turntable, Roller Block Jrs or Segue platforms under other equipment (phono prepro, amps, Oppos, AVR, RP5). These work very well also. Particularly impressed with the Segue ISO under the TT - completely eliminated a feedback issue I was having when turning the volume up.

elan120
09-16-2021, 07:28 AM
That is very good to know. Although I have not tried Symposium products, but have heard good feedbacks from many users.

racrawford65
09-16-2021, 07:47 AM
Peter at Symposium is great to work with. Great customer service, just like Ascend (and VPI, Rogue, Degritter, and VTV to name a few of the other vendors I generally use for new equipment or upgrades).

elan120
09-16-2021, 10:11 PM
Peter at Symposium is great to work with. Great customer service, just like Ascend (and VPI, Rogue, Degritter, and VTV to name a few of the other vendors I generally use for new equipment or upgrades).

Thank you for the recommendations, I got them bookmarked, and will revisit them once I have initial setup settled. Been busy getting parts ordered and likely will spend the next couple months to have everything put together, including some DIY items.

John Galt
10-06-2021, 06:31 PM
I just replaced the stock feet on my SVS SB-3000 subs with SVS Soundpath isolation feet, and the original sub feet are a perfect replacement for the stock Sierra feet...better than the industrial bumper feet that I mentioned in a previous post.

I would have ordered two sets of these from SVS to replace the stock spikes had I known they were the right size and thread.