PDA

View Full Version : Website Update?

MonkeyFit
05-30-2021, 06:45 AM
For the last couple years, the site menu seems to be not behaving properly. It has decided to leave its post and float down and to the right, off the formatted window. At first I thought maybe it was weird browser settings, but I have seen it like this across multiple resolutions, platforms, and Windows installs, from multiple IP addresses. It does make the site a bit hard to navigate, especially on mobile. I understand that people like the old school look and feel of the site.

But is there any consideration to maybe contract someone to update the underlying code, so that it displays properly on modern browsers and resolutions? Maybe update the site security as well by updating the security certificate and implementing a system that doesn't store passwords in plaintext?

I know I sound like I'm complaining, and I'm sorry. But can we get a site update to address those underlying issues?

davef
05-30-2021, 11:36 PM
For the last couple years, the site menu seems to be not behaving properly. It has decided to leave its post and float down and to the right, off the formatted window. At first I thought maybe it was weird browser settings, but I have seen it like this across multiple resolutions, platforms, and Windows installs, from multiple IP addresses. It does make the site a bit hard to navigate, especially on mobile. I understand that people like the old school look and feel of the site.

But is there any consideration to maybe contract someone to update the underlying code, so that it displays properly on modern browsers and resolutions? Maybe update the site security as well by updating the security certificate and implementing a system that doesn't store passwords in plaintext?

I know I sound like I'm complaining, and I'm sorry. But can we get a site update to address those underlying issues?

This happens when the font size on your desktop is larger than 100%. Lately, many new laptops seems to come with the font size set to 125% for some reason. That or the "zoom" feature in your browser is greater than 100%

That said, we have a new site almost ready for prime time :)

MonkeyFit
05-31-2021, 12:05 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate everything you do. I love my Sierra Towers.

davef
05-31-2021, 10:47 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate everything you do. I love my Sierra Towers.

Happy to see this and thank YOU!

theophile
06-03-2021, 08:57 AM
...That said, we have a new site almost ready for prime time :)

Dave,

Looking forward to the new site! :o

Ted

Mag_Neato
06-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Awesome! I've been waiting on the new site for a few years:cool:

Hay, would it be appropriate to reveal a new Ascend logo along with the new site? I still recall the original double arrow logo!

davef
06-03-2021, 11:48 PM
Awesome! I've been waiting on the new site for a few years:cool:

Hay, would it be appropriate to reveal a new Ascend logo along with the new site? I still recall the original double arrow logo!

Sorry, we have no plans for a new logo.

Mag_Neato
06-04-2021, 06:46 AM
Sorry, we have no plans for a new logo.

No worries Dave, nothing wrong with the logo at all.

I'm excited to hear that the updated site is almost here!

Mag_Neato
06-29-2021, 06:54 AM
Dave, since I'm impatient.......... any update on the new website?:cool:

davef
06-30-2021, 01:32 PM
Dave, since I'm impatient.......... any update on the new website?:cool:

Lots of exciting things coming soon....