PDA

View Full Version : HTM 200se tweeter orientation

Snaus
03-21-2021, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone, new poster here. I bought eight HTM 200 SE speakers for my surrounds in a 7.2.4 and absolutely love these little guys but I have a question about Tweeter orientation. As you may know the Tweeter is on one side of the drivers, not directly in the middle.

My question is:

With the height speakers and back surrounds, do I put them up with the Tweeter on the inside of the drivers, closer to the listening position.... or should the tweeters be on the outside of the drivers to add more "spatialization"...

Does it even matter?

Thanks for the help!

-Snaus

racrawford65
03-21-2021, 09:20 AM
From the manual,

STEP 3:ORIENT THE SPEAKERSFor “HTM-200 SE” series speakers, orient the left/right speakers vertically with the tweeters to the inside. From top to bottom the speaker should be in a woofer-tweeter-woofer configuration

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/support/Web_Owners_Manual.pdf

Snaus
03-21-2021, 11:52 AM
From the manual,

STEP 3:ORIENT THE SPEAKERSFor “HTM-200 SE” series speakers, orient the left/right speakers vertically with the tweeters to the inside. From top to bottom the speaker should be in a woofer-tweeter-woofer configuration

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/support/Web_Owners_Manual.pdf

Thank you kindly! I wasn't aware there was a manual. Very happy about this actually because I had them all wrong and STILL liked the sound. Will be even better in about 15 mins!

racrawford65
03-21-2021, 01:30 PM
You're welcome. It's a generic manual obviously, but does call out the HTM's.

I use the HTM200SE's for heights, as well. Great speakers. Now I'm wondering which side I put the tweeters on - will have to check next time I'm using the ladder inside.

davef
03-25-2021, 01:15 AM
You're welcome. It's a generic manual obviously, but does call out the HTM's.

I use the HTM200SE's for heights, as well. Great speakers. Now I'm wondering which side I put the tweeters on - will have to check next time I'm using the ladder inside.

It doesn't matter all the much having the tweeters on the inside or the outside with the 200's.

racrawford65
03-25-2021, 04:10 AM
thanks, Dave. Saves me from climbing a ladder to check. As is, my HTM's work wonderfully for heights. I also have a pair in my home office and they sound great, as well

toker
06-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Follow up question to this instead of starting a new thread. For height channels, does it matter if the HTM-200 is horizontal or vertical?

racrawford65
06-07-2022, 04:11 AM
No. I have my heights vertical in my HT room and have the pair in my office horizontal.

davef
06-08-2022, 02:02 AM
Follow up question to this instead of starting a new thread. For height channels, does it matter if the HTM-200 is horizontal or vertical?

You can use them horizontally or vertically. If they will be placed very high up, horizontal is generally the better choice, but again - they perform well in both orientations. Also, if placing horizontal and above the listening position, flip the speaker 180 degs so the tweeter is closer to ear-level.