PDA

View Full Version : Wall-mounting Duos

SunByrne
07-30-2020, 08:14 AM
The living room of my house has a cut-in for the TV/HT stuff. I've had my main HT speakers there fsince we moved in, but I don't really like it because it means the speakers are only about 5 and a half feet apart, and we sit about 8 feet away. No matter how good the speakers are, this is not optimal.

Like a bolt of lightning, I realized yesterday that the solution is to abandon putting the speakers in the cut-in and just wall mount them. I had been so focussed on towers this just never occurred to me before.

The Duos are designed to be wall-mounted. So, two things:

* Has anyone actually done this? How well does it work?

* Any recommendations for wall-mounting hardware? Dave? I'd like to mount them as flush as possible so they don't stick out. 6" deep is already pushing it in terms of spouse acceptance factor...

racrawford65
07-30-2020, 09:26 AM
I did this with my HTM200 surrounds, using picture hanging wire, screws, and some OOK hangars. However, the HTM's had two holes for the fixing the wire.

So, maybe a variation would work with the Lunas and the one hole. Perhaps using the screw in the back of the Luna and a keyhole type receiver? Alternately, maybe attach a picture hangar to the Luna (similar to the one in the image), with the screw/hangar on the wall?

SunByrne
07-30-2020, 09:41 AM
The Duos actually have two holes:

http://ascendacoustics.com/images/products/speakers/duo/duolcrespressorear_lg.jpg

Picture hangars had not occurred to me, but of course that's a great idea. When the pandemic is over, I owe you a beer!

racrawford65
07-30-2020, 10:08 AM
The Duos actually have two holes:

http://ascendacoustics.com/images/products/speakers/duo/duolcrespressorear_lg.jpg

Picture hangars had not occurred to me, but of course that's a great idea. When the pandemic is over, I owe you a beer!

Sorry, I meant two holes horizontally like on the HTM's for stringing the wire. Figured you would mount vertically. But two hangers (top and bottom) should work.

A beer sounds like a plan...I'm in Spring so perhaps meet somewhere halfway... assuming this pandemic ever ends!

SunByrne
07-30-2020, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I meant two holes horizontally like on the HTM's for stringing the wire. Figured you would mount vertically. But two hangers (top and bottom) should work.

Yep, that will be the way.

A beer sounds like a plan...I'm in Spring so perhaps meet somewhere halfway...

I'm thinking Hay Merchant...

racrawford65
07-30-2020, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a plan. :)

natetg57
07-31-2020, 06:52 PM
The living room of my house has a cut-in for the TV/HT stuff. I've had my main HT speakers there fsince we moved in, but I don't really like it because it means the speakers are only about 5 and a half feet apart, and we sit about 8 feet away. No matter how good the speakers are, this is not optimal.

Like a bolt of lightning, I realized yesterday that the solution is to abandon putting the speakers in the cut-in and just wall mount them. I had been so focussed on towers this just never occurred to me before.

The Duos are designed to be wall-mounted. So, two things:

* Has anyone actually done this? How well does it work?

* Any recommendations for wall-mounting hardware? Dave? I'd like to mount them as flush as possible so they don't stick out. 6" deep is already pushing it in terms of spouse acceptance factor...

What about a small shelf?

SunByrne
08-02-2020, 02:17 PM
What about a small shelf?

In principle a small shelf would work, but I'm trying to get as clean a look as possible.