PDA

View Full Version : Ascend Financial Position

AbuDilan
07-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Before I pull the trigger and buy pair of speakers, what is Ascend’s financial position/capital structure?

Hard to gauge if this company will be around long enough to honor its warranties....

curtis
07-26-2018, 03:47 PM
Before I pull the trigger and buy pair of speakers, what is Ascend’s financial position/capital structure?

Hard to gauge if this company will be around long enough to honor its warranties....
You should call Ascend and ask.

That said, Ascend has been in business for around 20 years.

davef
07-26-2018, 03:57 PM

A bit of an odd question but I do understand. That said, we will soon be entering our 20th year of business. I am certainly not going to share details about our financial position or capital structure - but we are healthy with zero debt. Unlike some of our competitors, we actually have employees and offices, of which we now occupy over 7000 sq feet spread out over (2) buildings consisting of our production area, warehouse space and office space...

We aren't going anywhere ;)

AbuDilan
07-26-2018, 06:08 PM
A bit of an odd question but I do understand. That said, we will soon be entering our 20th year of business. I am certainly not going to share details about our financial position or capital structure - but we are healthy with zero debt. Unlike some of our competitors, we actually have employees and offices, of which we now occupy over 7000 sq feet spread out over (2) buildings consisting of our production area, warehouse space and office space...

We aren't going anywhere ;)

Great to hear!

Bruce Watson
07-26-2018, 06:22 PM

Really? I'm much more worried about how they sound. If they don't sound good, they won't stay in my system long enough to need anyone to honor the warranty. That said, the only way I'm letting my Sierra-2s go is if I upgrade to Sierra RAAL Towers. Which I'm likely to do in another year or two.

rifmon
07-27-2018, 04:13 AM
OMG, that is so funny! I frequently read through these threads and reply sometimes but this one caught my attention!

I intend to upgrade from my Sierra 1's to the 2's in the next year and I would do this even if I knew Ascend was going out of business in 2019! haha.. BUT, it;'s an interesting question indeed and is a worthy consideration since these speakers were designed, engineered, assembled with custom made high-end components ONLY through, and at Ascend!

I am not knowledgable about the mechanics and science of sound reproduction and the servicing of such speakers but I'm imagining that the average speaker repair shop would struggle with such highly engineered speakers if a repair or component replacement were needed.

But as I stated, I'd still be obtaining a set of speakers even if a "going outta bus" notification were to be published......which evidently from Dave's reply is not!

RPM
07-27-2018, 04:16 PM
I hope one of these employeees is working on the website upgrade.....��

davef
07-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Great to hear!

Did someone or something you read give you a cause to be concerned?

I hope one of these employeees is working on the website upgrade.....��

It all falls on me at this point, and I will get it done :o

AbuDilan
07-28-2018, 01:01 PM
No, just paranoid