PDA

View Full Version : Un boxing - un packing New towers

4 Luv O' Musik
05-16-2018, 10:13 AM
Hi Dave, Dina everyone:

I would really like advice on something that should be so simple as un boxing my new
towers due to arrive tomorrow.

Problem is I have challenges in my lower back...and will more than likely have to solo
the unpacking process.

Do the speaker boxes have a recommended way to open them and slide out the towers.
Also I do not want to harm either the boxes or much less the towers.

Years ago I had no problem soloing my Beta 50s (60 lbs) out of their boxes, but that was 12 or more years ago.

Since then have purchased heavy items that given the low center of gravity I could slowly slide along the floor and get into position.

So advise is welcome.

Tomorrow is the big arrival day when Sierras will land. I am quite excited about this

Perhaps an FAQ could be added to assist others in this or similar predicament

Thank you in advance everyone.

4 Luv O' Musik
05-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Calling Sierra tower owners please chime in:
with how you approached the unboxing of your new tower speakers.

Do the boxes indicate where to open and how to remove the towers from boxes.

Please do weigh in and participate.

Thanks everyone.

diesel79
05-16-2018, 04:50 PM
If you don’t want to lift them out I’d open up the box, flip over so open portion faces down, lift the box off of them. Then remove protective foam and then erect them. :)

4 Luv O' Musik
05-16-2018, 05:04 PM
diesel thank you for chiming in...

This is probably how I would approach it...question though open boxes along the length of boxes or the end?

Opening lengthwise might be easier on my back ..then attach bases.

Perhaps this ole boy is making a sierra out of a molehill.

Like an expectant parent awaiting a new born..

appreciate your patience.

diesel79
05-16-2018, 05:24 PM
I’d open lengthwise. I don’t think it’s going to be anything difficult. :)

Can’t wait until I can get some towers. Although I’m leaning towards 3 RAAL Horizons in a custom console. My Horizon center is amazing.

davef
05-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Hi Dave, Dina everyone:

I would really like advice on something that should be so simple as un boxing my new
towers due to arrive tomorrow.

Problem is I have challenges in my lower back...and will more than likely have to solo
the unpacking process.

Do the speaker boxes have a recommended way to open them and slide out the towers.
Also I do not want to harm either the boxes or much less the towers.

Years ago I had no problem soloing my Beta 50s (60 lbs) out of their boxes, but that was 12 or more years ago.

Since then have purchased heavy items that given the low center of gravity I could slowly slide along the floor and get into position.

So advise is welcome.

Tomorrow is the big arrival day when Sierras will land. I am quite excited about this

Perhaps an FAQ could be added to assist others in this or similar predicament

Thank you in advance everyone.

Give us a call and speak with Dina or Joe, they would be happy to best advise you on this :)

Enjoy!!!

4 Luv O' Musik
05-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Thank you Dave....Dina...Joe,

I know you and your team would be most happy to "talk me through" on how best to go about
helping me get out of any jam I could get myself into.

It ain't funny McGee to have painful back defeciencies...but with the Lord's help...it'll get done
then we can all celebrate....

Thank you everyone, appreciate your contribution.

4 Luv O' Musik
05-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Thank you diesel once again,

I think length wise opening of box probably the seeming best way to go about what should otherwise be a simple task.

Thank you diesel for chiming in
Hope you will be able to get your raal towers soon.

diesel79
05-17-2018, 04:04 AM
Post some pics and first impressions when you get them all set up.

New speaker day is the best! :)

4 Luv O' Musik
05-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Hey diesel,
Gee your up early this am...wow

New speaker day it is....sometime today....like an expectant parent waiting for new baby arrival I suppose.

Will endeavor to take some pics...but rather cautious to post given the clutter of stuff ....more than likely will post the pics though.

Re-reading freesole's wonderful comparison to the Focal Aria 936s; (936s most likely have similar characteristics to my Beta 50s), I suspect my new towers will be leagues ahead above and beyond my
Beta 50s

Yes will endeavor to share my experience .02 as soon as I am able.

Listening to music last night... my Beta 50s gave me an awesome performance of all the things we love about this hobby. It will be sad to retire these 2 guys after so many years of great performances.

Thanks diesel

4 Luv O' Musik
05-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Well Dave, Dina and everyone...the hour has come...

My towers arrived abour 3:20 pm and raining outside...UPS delvered them up to my porch... I had prayed and asked the Lord to give me the strength to move the boxes into my listening area with the strength to
unbox and set them up!!!

Dave, Dina and Ascend Acoustics' team your packaging efforts are superlative. No two ways about it.
The amazing beautiful felt cloth stocking wrapping the speakers ...amazing. The custom designd foaam protective blocks amazing..

Diesel you were right on on how to open and unbox these beautiful towers. Which is what I wound up doing. Sliding them out of the box while laying on the floor lengthwise greatly facilitated the process.

These towers came so well wrapped that it took me about 40 min each from opening to sliding out undoing the wrap enough to attach the bases...used one of the foam braces to lift the bottom up enough to install the bases.

The time consuming part was once the towers were in place was to finish unwrapping the towers. Time
consuming because I had to cut the the shipping tape painstakingly so as not to damage the felt sock wrap
that protects the towers...very time consuming. Very worthwhile because now I have the felt wraps intact undamaged for further use if necessary.

The finish on my dark cherry satin is absolutely gorgeous...Dave< Dina and team...Wow you realy outdid
yourselves delivering a top notch gorgeous product. The finished color is exactly what I hope it would be and more !!!!!

Yes I did take pics will be happy to post but don't know how to get from cell phone to forum...somebpdy will chime in to help for sure.

So by the Grace of Our Lord Jesus towers are up and running and I'm no worse wear for it.

So how do they sound ? Well follow me on over to My new Sierra Raal Towers on the way.

Thank you very much team.

4 Luv O' Musik
05-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Purpose for deleting post. My previous post actually posted

diesel79
05-17-2018, 03:41 PM
Time to sit back and enjoy:)

davef
05-17-2018, 10:07 PM
Well Dave, Dina and everyone...the hour has come...

My towers arrived abour 3:20 pm and raining outside...UPS delvered them up to my porch... I had prayed and asked the Lord to give me the strength to move the boxes into my listening area with the strength to
unbox and set them up!!!

Dave, Dina and Ascend Acoustics' team your packaging efforts are superlative. No two ways about it.
The amazing beautiful felt cloth stocking wrapping the speakers ...amazing. The custom designd foaam protective blocks amazing..

Diesel you were right on on how to open and unbox these beautiful towers. Which is what I wound up doing. Sliding them out of the box while laying on the floor lengthwise greatly facilitated the process.

These towers came so well wrapped that it took me about 40 min each from opening to sliding out undoing the wrap enough to attach the bases...used one of the foam braces to lift the bottom up enough to install the bases.

The time consuming part was once the towers were in place was to finish unwrapping the towers. Time
consuming because I had to cut the the shipping tape painstakingly so as not to damage the felt sock wrap
that protects the towers...very time consuming. Very worthwhile because now I have the felt wraps intact undamaged for further use if necessary.

The finish on my dark cherry satin is absolutely gorgeous...Dave< Dina and team...Wow you realy outdid
yourselves delivering a top notch gorgeous product. The finished color is exactly what I hope it would be and more !!!!!

Yes I did take pics will be happy to post but don't know how to get from cell phone to forum...somebpdy will chime in to help for sure.

So by the Grace of Our Lord Jesus towers are up and running and I'm no worse wear for it.

So how do they sound ? Well follow me on over to My new Sierra Raal Towers on the way.

Thank you very much team.

Excellent - I am super happy that everything arrived without issue and that you were able to unbox and set them up without issue. Yes, we take packaging these very seriously as we have learned better to get it right the first time then deal with shipping damage. The fleece wrap is great extra protection and also doubles nicely as a throw blanket ;)

4 Luv O' Musik
05-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Thanks Dave for throwing in the free throw blankets...but the least you could have done is
have the Ascend Acoustics logo on them:rolleyes:

Which by the way a ball cap with the Ascend Acoustics logo would be a very nice accesory...
I might would purchase 1 or 2

Just thinking...but oops I'm retired and not paid for thinking anymore...;) ha ha

davef
05-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Thanks Dave for throwing in the free throw blankets...but the least you could have done is
have the Ascend Acoustics logo on them:rolleyes:

Which by the way a ball cap with the Ascend Acoustics logo would be a very nice accesory...
I might would purchase 1 or 2

Just thinking...but oops I'm retired and not paid for thinking anymore...;) ha ha

I believe we still have some of our Ascend baseball hats left :)