PDA

View Full Version : Flush mount for HTM-200SE

avsnoob10
09-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Folks,

Is there a flush mount option for HTM-200SE right from the factory?, I would hate to drill holes. I've finally convinced my wife that flush mounting is not as bad as she thinks. I need to flush mount pair of HTM-200SEs for side surrounds and another pair with regular mounts to attach to ceiling for rear surrounds. For Atmos, I have settled on two pairs of RSL C34E in-ceiling speakers.

Thanks.

Blutarsky
09-24-2017, 10:48 AM
Maybe you could ask for a keyhole mount from the factory?

racrawford65
09-24-2017, 04:59 PM
You can use the threaded inserts and picture hangars and wire. That's how I mounted my HTM200 for front & rear heights. For my application, I made the wire a bit longer so the speakers angled down slightly. Shorter wire and they'd be essentially flush.

avsnoob10
09-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Maybe you could ask for a keyhole mount from the factory?

I would really prefer that, hopefully Dave can chime in on this...

davef
09-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Folks,

Is there a flush mount option for HTM-200SE right from the factory?, I would hate to drill holes. I've finally convinced my wife that flush mounting is not as bad as she thinks. I need to flush mount pair of HTM-200SEs for side surrounds and another pair with regular mounts to attach to ceiling for rear surrounds. For Atmos, I have settled on two pairs of RSL C34E in-ceiling speakers.

Thanks.

Here is a link to the best option for this:

http://www.rockler.com/extra-thin-flush-mount-1-1-2-x-1-3-4

I use this all the time, for many different applications.

avsnoob10
09-26-2017, 05:59 AM
Thanks Dave. Is 1/2" long #6 wood screws ok to drill into the back of speakers or is it too big?

davef
09-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Thanks Dave. Is 1/2" long #6 wood screws ok to drill into the back of speakers or is it too big?

These will be fine, but I generally recommend going with 5/8" long.

merrymaid520
05-23-2021, 09:12 AM
Would these work if I were to hang my 200s directly from a flat ceiling pointing straight down?

racrawford65
05-23-2021, 09:35 AM
Should work fine. There was a thread on this forum where someone did just that.

merrymaid520
05-23-2021, 10:16 AM
Great! I wasn’t sure if they would work on a ceiling facing down or not. I also thought two of the brackets per speaker might help as well.

My alternative option is L brackets on the top and bottom but that requires drilling into the speaker on the top and bottom which I would like to avoid if possible.

racrawford65
05-23-2021, 10:26 AM
I'd do two brackets if you could. As I recall, the person who did this and posted used the existing mount holes as well as a couple of longer bolts for the bottom (and into ceiling joist).

merrymaid520
05-23-2021, 12:05 PM
Are you saying use two of the flush mount brackets or just two L brackets?

racrawford65
05-23-2021, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't use L brackets as I wouldn't want to drill top/bottom or sides. I'd rather have any additional holes in the back.

As I mentioned before, someone posted here a few years ago where they mounted on the ceiling (may have even been flush, I don't recall) but used lag bolts through the joist(s) into the back of the speaker. Not sure if you have access above the ceiling to do this.

The flush mounts should work, as well as maybe a U-bracket.

merrymaid520
05-23-2021, 06:49 PM
Got it;).

I will order the flush mounts and give it a try. If only my Yamaha receiver I ordered 2 months ago would arrive!

racrawford65
05-24-2021, 02:54 AM
I hear you on waiting for new equipment. It took some 6-8 weeks for me to get the new amp & preamp I ordered earlier this year.

merrymaid520
05-24-2021, 12:46 PM
Its crazy how everything is in short supply these days! At some point the manufacturing will catch up:)

davef
05-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Its crazy how everything is in short supply these days! At some point the manufacturing will catch up:)

It's really crazy. In my 3+ decades of manufacturing experience in this industry, I have never witnessed anything like this. It is like a perfect storm of problems... It now costs about 10X what it cost just 6 months ago to ship a container from Asia to the states, and then when it does arrive - it can sit a month or more waiting to dock and be unloaded.

I really do not understand what is happening right now, but many so called "experts" predict this will continue well into 2022 (I certainly hope not) I was hoping that this administration would waive the China Tariffs that trump implemented (Biden has basically undone everything else) as this would help ease the massive premium a company must now pay to get any product from overseas, but sadly there is not even talk about this.

petmotel
05-25-2021, 05:01 AM
My laptop gave up a couple weeks ago, went to Best Buy to get a new one. All the ones with really good performance and large screens were out of stock. Finally settled for an HP, great performer, screen too small for my old eyes. HDMI out though, so I can connect to a flat panel.

Wife's birthday was yesterday, she wanted her very own rider mower. Went to 3 different stores, Farm and Fleet was willing to sell one of their floor models. It's like an episode of "Twilight Zone" out there.

Jay

merrymaid520
05-25-2021, 08:17 AM
Crazy times for sure!