PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Aggressive Toe-In?

Roen
07-18-2017, 11:34 AM
I've been doing some reading on aggressive toe-in where the right speaker is aimed at the left seat and the left speaker is aimed at the right seat. Assuming the center is the MLP, this would criss-cross the direct output in front of the MLP.

I wonder if this is even recommended for the RAAL tweeter speakers, specifically the S2 that I have.

curtis
07-18-2017, 04:45 PM
I've been doing some reading on aggressive toe-in where the right speaker is aimed at the left seat and the left speaker is aimed at the right seat. Assuming the center is the MLP, this would criss-cross the direct output in front of the MLP.

I wonder if this is even recommended for the RAAL tweeter speakers, specifically the S2 that I have.
Try it. You've got nothing to lose, and it is easy to undo. Then you will have first hand experience.

Roen
07-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Try it. You've got nothing to lose, and it is easy to undo. Then you will have first hand experience.

I tried it with YPAO. Just awful, hollow and tinny. Went back to traditional toe-in alignment aiming slightly behind the map.

Mose Harper
07-19-2017, 02:57 AM
I highly recommend giving this vid a watch sometime. It may help you think outside the box when it comes to speaker placement in general. The great thing is, experimenting doesn't cost anything but your free time- and little alterations in all directions can sometimes pay big dividends.

https://youtu.be/84Pf0ycbyBM

mikesiskav
07-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Several years back I went to HSU Research to listen to their subs and they had their speakers set up like that. I can't remember the reason why.

Beave
07-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Aggressive toe in, if you have reflective sidewalls, can significantly reduce those early reflections.