PDA

View Full Version : User install RAAL upgrade for towers?

nball
10-16-2016, 11:07 AM
10 seconds after posting this I find the answer, of course. Mods, please delete this post!

I searched but found nothing to answer this simple question: is a user installed RAAL possible for the Sierra towers?

This may be simplistic on my part but I see the upgrade for the bookshelves and my brain says "why not?"

I love them in NrT form but upgrade-itis is a thing... :cool:

curtis
10-16-2016, 11:36 AM
Not for the Tower. The cabinet requires modifications.

Mag_Neato
10-17-2016, 07:14 AM
While the standard tower will require cabinet modifications, I believe you could purchase the components and perform the upgrade yourself IF you are competent with woodworking. Best to give Ascend a call and explore your options.

nball
10-17-2016, 08:16 AM
I would replace them outright before trying to do this myself.

davef
10-17-2016, 10:30 PM
10 seconds after posting this I find the answer, of course. Mods, please delete this post!

I searched but found nothing to answer this simple question: is a user installed RAAL possible for the Sierra towers?

This may be simplistic on my part but I see the upgrade for the bookshelves and my brain says "why not?"

I love them in NrT form but upgrade-itis is a thing... :cool:

While we have had a few customers perform this upgrade themselves, it is actually quite complex and will require the use of a router and soldering skills. It is recommended that we do the upgrade for customers.

Take care!

nball
10-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks Dave! We love the towers so much they're going somewhere previously unthinkable: the fancy living room. My wife has finally come around. I just ordered those b stock piano black Sierra 2's 5 seconds ago!

Keep up the good work.