PDA

View Full Version : HTM-200SE as In-Wall Speakers

idrather
06-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Other forum members have used the HTM-200SE as in-ceiling speakers. Has anyone use them in-wall, flushing mounting style? I'm thinking of using only them for the LCR, with 4 or 6 in-ceiling, and 1 or 2 subs. Due to my setup and aesthetic, I don't want to mount any speakers behind the MLP. That's why the rest of the speakers will be in-ceiling.

Would I be compromising too much SQ with the above setup? My thinking behind this setup included the amazing value and sound that Dave offers. Thank you for any help that you all can offer.

tknice
06-13-2016, 06:45 AM
Other forum members have used the HTM-200SE as in-ceiling speakers. Has anyone use them in-wall, flushing mounting style? I'm thinking of using only them for the LCR, with 4 or 6 in-ceiling, and 1 or 2 subs. Due to my setup and aesthetic, I don't want to mount any speakers behind the MLP. That's why the rest of the speakers will be in-ceiling.

Would I be compromising too much SQ with the above setup? My thinking behind this setup included the amazing value and sound that Dave offers. Thank you for any help that you all can offer.

Hi idrather. I'm one of the guys who mounted the HTMs in the ceiling and I'm sure you could flush mount them in the wall, it will just take a bit of work to figure out the best way to mount between the studs.

When the Sierra Sats are released, I plan to flush mount those as side surrounds and my thought was to make a 2x4 cross brace with a piece of plywood attached and I'll add a lip across the backside to keep the cabinet in place. To nail the crossbrace in securely, we will more than likely need to cut the drywall out a bit lower than the speaker hole and patch it up after mounting. I plan to make some picture frame trim to cover the hole around the speaker.

I know you said you don't want to mount any speakers behind the MLP but do you have a way to include side surrounds? I would strongly consider it, if possible, because movies will sound much better with the rear content added.

Good luck with what you decide!

TK

idrather
06-18-2016, 10:16 AM
TK, your setup is beautiful. Very inspirational.

Side surrounds would be great. But I'm trying to figure out how to keep everything looking nice and neat. That's why I'm leaning toward in-wall/ceiling. Clutter gives me a headache. I will try the side surrounds in different positions before committing though.

Thanks for your suggestions.

tknice
06-20-2016, 05:54 AM
TK, your setup is beautiful. Very inspirational.

Side surrounds would be great. But I'm trying to figure out how to keep everything looking nice and neat. That's why I'm leaning toward in-wall/ceiling. Clutter gives me a headache. I will try the side surrounds in different positions before committing though.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Thanks idrather! I hear you about the clutter--and I think you can find some pretty good in-walls if you look around.