PDA

View Full Version : Confused about how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to my receiver

adamk77
04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

I just received the Rythmik L12 subwoofer today. For the input, the accompanying instruction sheet says:

LFE (mini-XLR)
RCA (left and right)

I'm thoroughly confused. My receiver has a "subwoofer pre-out" and the manual says to use an "audio pin cable" to connect to the subwoofer.

I purchased this subwoofer cable (RCA to RCA) from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-Subwoofer-Cable-Feet/dp/B003FVX9FO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00), and it fits the LFE (mini-XLR) port on the Rythmik sub, but it's not a mini-XLR. If I don't connect it to the LFE port, where do I connect this? The only other input on the subwoofer is a left and right RCA, but my receiver only has a single subwoofer pre-out

Also, what is a mini-XLR cable? I Googled and I couldn't find one that fits the port on my receiver and the subwoofer (which both look like RCA connections).

Please help!

Thanks!

Johnny_Mac_III
04-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a typo in the manual. On Rythmik's site they advertise the L12 with RCA inputs only. Can you post a picture of the LFE input?

adamk77
04-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a typo in the manual. On Rythmik's site they advertise the L12 with RCA inputs only. Can you post a picture of the LFE input?

Yes, you are right. It is a typo. Someone from Rythmik confirmed that it was a typo.

Thanks!