PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here used Ascend speakers for studio work?

goldark
03-18-2016, 01:26 PM
I figure it'd be a natural fit given Ascend's neutral voicing and flat frequency response. Just wondering if anyone here has used Ascend speakers for mixing music. If so, which model and what was your experience with them? How did you power them?

davef
03-21-2016, 05:04 PM
I figure it'd be a natural fit given Ascend's neutral voicing and flat frequency response. Just wondering if anyone here has used Ascend speakers for mixing music. If so, which model and what was your experience with them? How did you power them?

We have many hundreds of customers and many professionals who use our speakers for mixing. In fact, there are a few prestigious colleges that use our speakers in their recording studios, music rooms and research labs... CBM-170SE is most popular, followed by Sierra-1 with Sierra-2 gaining on both of these models quite quickly...

Jaybeez
03-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Dave, any sense how they are hooking up the speakers? My studio monitors are powered.

Off hand, am thinking S/PDIF out from the DAW to amp, then playback chain would be computer to DAW to amp.

I'm selling my studio monitors to fund my new Sierra 2s, but would be cool if I could use the Sierras for more critical mixes.

davef
03-22-2016, 12:53 AM
Dave, any sense how they are hooking up the speakers? My studio monitors are powered.

Off hand, am thinking S/PDIF out from the DAW to amp, then playback chain would be computer to DAW to amp.

I'm selling my studio monitors to fund my new Sierra 2s, but would be cool if I could use the Sierras for more critical mixes.

You will need to use an amplifier or receiver to power the speakers so your electronics chain makes perfect sense.