PDA

View Full Version : The Cable Guy.......

RPM
03-05-2016, 05:55 PM
So we switched companies and the installer was coming before I would be home
from work, I figured he wouldn't be near my Ascend Towers and system
As they are in the basement. To my Horror when I arrived home he had concluded
the best spot for the cable box (with Fan) was in my 2 channel system rack downstairs.
As I was expressing my concern with his choice, he proceeded to use one of my Ascend
Towers to lean on...:mad: I politely asked him to please remove himself
and his fanbox from my Mancave....lol......after removing the handprint all was well.:)
lesson learned, not everyone recognizes a Real Wood masterpiece when they see one.

curtis
03-05-2016, 08:21 PM
OMG...I would be sweating!

Beave
03-06-2016, 12:19 PM
When I was in grad school about 20 years ago, one of my classmates had $5000 Bud Fried transmission line tower speakers. He had worked several summers to save up the money to buy a really nice system. Anyway, a cable installer tried to just "push" one of the speakers out of the way, not realizing how heavy they were or that the were on spikes into the carpet. In doing so he tipped the speaker over and ripped the spikes out of the bottom of the speaker. Major damage. My friend had to file a lawsuit against the cable company (and, if I remember right, they settled).

Glad to hear yours didn't meet a similar fate! When I first saw the thread title, I immediately thought of my friend and thought "oh no!!!"

theophile
03-06-2016, 12:46 PM
...To my Horror when I arrived home he had concluded
the best spot for the cable box (with Fan) was in my 2 channel system rack downstairs.
As I was expressing my concern with his choice, he proceeded to use one of my Ascend
Towers to lean on...:mad: I politely asked him to please remove himself
and his fanbox from my Mancave....lol......after removing the handprint all was well.:)
lesson learned, not everyone recognizes a Real Wood masterpiece when they see one.

RPM,

That cable guy initials didn't happen to be, "JC"??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Ted

RPM
03-06-2016, 02:13 PM
RPM,

That cable guy initials didn't happen to be, "JC"??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Ted

Hi Ted, I don't beleive it was...:o

Mag_Neato
03-09-2016, 08:15 AM
I just had a DirecTV tech at the house on Sunday to do an install (Seems AT&T is moving away from U-Verse and trying to get people to switch). Being on a Sunday I was home, fortunately. The access panel is a double door utility box on the basement wall, right behind my left Sierra-2. He also needed to remove a few tiles from the drop ceiling directly above the system. I had to move the Sierra-2 out of the way and I watched him while he was down there, offering assistance if required.

So far, I like the fact that I now get a Dolby Digital signal rather than what U-Verse was giving me, which must have been stereo or something which the AVR then decoded into Dolbly PLII or similar.

Still getting used to the different GUI, etc., and hopefully we won't have many issues with bad weather.