PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Tower with dome tweeter or Sierra-2?

albireo13
02-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Looking to upgrade from my Studio-20 bookshelf speakers. I am interested in the above 2 speakers. I can't afford the Towers with the RAAL upgrade so am conflicted.
The Sierra-2 have the ribbons but the towers have better bass extension.
Otherwise, what differences in the sound?
Which way would you go?
My budget is $2000.
Thx,
Rob

natetg57
02-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Looking to upgrade from my Studio-20 bookshelf speakers. I am interested in the above 2 speakers. I can't afford the Towers with the RAAL upgrade so am conflicted.
Which way would you go?
My budget is $2000.
Thx,
Rob

What kind of music do you listen to? How big is your room? How far away from the speakers do you sit? How loud do you listen? The towers biggest advantage imo would be the dedicated midrange. If I want more bass I'm getting bigger subwoofers. I have the 2s (5 of them) with dual Rythmiks in a small room and am very happy.

davef
02-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Which way would you go?
My budget is $2000.
Thx,
Rob

This is a tough choice and comes down to what aspects you most want to improve with the Studio-20's ( a speaker I am quite familiar with)

Please email me or pm directly and I would be happy to discuss with you. There are many questions I will need you to answer before making such a recommendation.