PDA

View Full Version : 80% full volume during start up... Wow!!!!

ematthews
01-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Hooked up some different components tonight and didn't know the volume was almost turned completely up on start up. Holy crap... I almost blew my ears out. In any case has anyone ever done this? My speakers sound fine. Did I do any damage? It was only turned up for about 3-4 seconds before I ran across the room to turn it down... Wow!!

Dave.... Are my RAAL towers OK? They seem to be but I still worry.. Ugh.:confused:

davef
01-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Hooked up some different components tonight and didn't know the volume was almost turned completely up on start up. Holy crap... I almost blew my ears out. In any case has anyone ever done this? My speakers sound fine. Did I do any damage? It was only turned up for about 3-4 seconds before I ran across the room to turn it down... Wow!!

Dave.... Are my RAAL towers OK? They seem to be but I still worry.. Ugh.:confused:

This can definitely damage a speaker, but since you turned it down so quickly, I strongly doubt damage occurred. Just listen, if the speakers sound the same as they always have -- there is nothing to worry about. Plus, when a woofer or tweeter gets damaged, it will typically get worse during use, so unless something sounds completely awful in a week or two, no worries :)

ematthews
01-09-2016, 07:02 AM
This can definitely damage a speaker, but since you turned it down so quickly, I strongly doubt damage occurred. Just listen, if the speakers sound the same as they always have -- there is nothing to worry about. Plus, when a woofer or tweeter gets damaged, it will typically get worse during use, so unless something sounds completely awful in a week or two, no worries :)

All is well. No issues what so ever. I also found that the volume wasn't as high as I first thought.. Thanks