PDA

View Full Version : HTM 200 SE Tweeter Orientation

Johnny_Mac_III
01-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Why does the documentation on HTM 200 SEs recommend positioning the speakers so the tweeters are on the outside vs the inside when used as surround back speakers?

smurraybhm
01-02-2016, 07:29 PM
check the labels on the back - right side up will provide you with your answer.

smurraybhm
01-02-2016, 07:39 PM
To ensure I don't come off as anything but helpful, tweeter should be on the inside. Enjoy, they are great speakers and hard to beat for $300/pair. Only other competition IMO is Wave Crest Audio.

davef
01-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Why does the documentation on HTM 200 SEs recommend positioning the speakers so the tweeters are on the outside vs the inside when used as surround back speakers?

We generally recommend this when using as surrounds because it will provide wider horizontal dispersion in the direction away from the sweet spot. This leads to a slightly more diffused - more ambient, less directional sound (more room reflections) There is no right or wrong though, whatever sounds best in your room.

Johnny_Mac_III
01-05-2016, 05:37 AM
Gotcha. Just wondering a bit of the science behind it, because that's how I have them setup. They sound awesome! They are such an amazing design. They have a diffuse sound, but at the same time produce excellent phantom imaging. I watched Age of Ultron and people sounded as if they were walking around my room from point a to point b behind me. Good stuff!