PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Towers and Isoacoustics

Joechoes
12-01-2015, 05:27 AM
I recently added an acoustic screen to my theater and placed my main speakers behind it. Unfortunately, the bottom driver lines up with the frame of the screen so I need to raise my front left and right speakers about 4".

I am thinking of buying a pair of Isoacoustics speaker stands to raise them to the right height. I think when I bought the towers the base plate was detached from the towers and was wondering if it would make sense to remove the base plate if I am placing the speakers on "stands"

Also wondering if anyone has a better idea to raise my speakers rather than the pricey (and possibly unstable with Towers) Isoacoustics.

davef
12-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I recently added an acoustic screen to my theater and placed my main speakers behind it. Unfortunately, the bottom driver lines up with the frame of the screen so I need to raise my front left and right speakers about 4".

I am thinking of buying a pair of Isoacoustics speaker stands to raise them to the right height. I think when I bought the towers the base plate was detached from the towers and was wondering if it would make sense to remove the base plate if I am placing the speakers on "stands"

Also wondering if anyone has a better idea to raise my speakers rather than the pricey (and possibly unstable with Towers) Isoacoustics.

The bottom woofers on the towers only reproduce bass, and as such - the wavelengths are very long and will travel around and through objects in front of them. In other words, it is not a problem if the bottom woofers are slightly blocked by the frame of the screen.