PDA

View Full Version : Questions about vinyl setup w/ Sierra 2's and Rythmik F12

vandelay82
11-23-2015, 08:05 AM
I am building a stereo setup for music, HT is a separate system for the time being. I purchased a pair of Sierra-2's, a Rythmik F12 over the weekend. I have a MusicHall turntable feeding to a phono bridge and that runs into a Rogue Cronus Amplifier.

Is it ok to just run the Sierra-2's from the left/right channel outputs on it and then power the sub through the RCA pre-outs, or do I need to route the audio through the sub to filter out lower levels ?

If I need to filter, is there a recommended product to filter between the amplifier and the speaker, most of the filters I saw on the forum were RCA filters.

Do the Sierra-2's require burn in ? I didn't see many posts on that (a favorite on headphone forums), so I wasn't sure. My coworker that turned me onto the Sierra's said they need a pink noise burn in.

Thanks !

curtis
11-23-2015, 08:53 AM
I would run the audio through the sub. That will give you the best integration and filter control.

vandelay82
11-23-2015, 09:20 AM
I would run the audio through the sub. That will give you the best integration and filter control.

does the subwoofer purely filter the sound or does it process it at all ?

curtis
11-23-2015, 12:55 PM
does the subwoofer purely filter the sound or does it process it at all ?
What type of processing are you referring to? DSP? It is a high pass filter.

vandelay82
11-23-2015, 01:31 PM
What type of processing are you referring to? DSP? It is a high pass filter.

correct, some sort of digital processing vs just filtering the frequencies out.

curtis
11-23-2015, 03:53 PM
correct, some sort of digital processing vs just filtering the frequencies out.
I don't believe there is any digital processing.

Rythmik subs are about sound quality...I wouldn't worry. If you have any questions, you should give Rythmik a call.