PDA

View Full Version : Measurements

Johnny_Mac_III
11-05-2015, 05:36 PM
When reading measurements for 30 degrees horizontal dispersion, is it 30 degrees total (so 15 to the left and 15 to the right)? Or is it 60 degrees total (30 to the left and 30 to the right)? Thanks in advance.

curtis
11-05-2015, 08:50 PM
When reading measurements for 30 degrees horizontal dispersion, is it 30 degrees total (so 15 to the left and 15 to the right)? Or is it 60 degrees total (30 to the left and 30 to the right)? Thanks in advance.
60 degrees total from left to right....30 degrees from center (0 degrees).

Johnny_Mac_III
11-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Awesome. Thanks Curtis.

Also, I read that you have owned both the cbm 170 SE and htm 200 SE as surrounds. Could you compare and contrast both of these speakers qualities? Did one image better or give a more enveloping sound? If space wasn't a concern would you prefer one over the other? I'm looking at moving my htm 200 SE to atmos duty and getting a new set of surrounds. Space is not a concern for me. Due to the larger horizontal dispersion I was looking at possibly getting the CBMs this time.

curtis
11-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Awesome. Thanks Curtis.

Also, I read that you have owned both the cbm 170 SE and htm 200 SE as surrounds. Could you compare and contrast both of these speakers qualities? Did one image better or give a more enveloping sound? If space wasn't a concern would you prefer one over the other? I'm looking at moving my htm 200 SE to atmos duty and getting a new set of surrounds. Space is not a concern for me. Due to the larger horizontal dispersion I was looking at possibly getting the CBMs this time.
It's tough to compare them as surrounds, but the only edge the 200's had were ease of placement/mounting because of no port to deal with. The 170's are more capable, but as surrounds, I didn't think I lost anything with the 200's.

davef
11-06-2015, 04:45 PM

30 degrees means just that, that the microphone is placed 30 degrees off-axis to the speaker.

Johnny_Mac_III
11-12-2015, 05:28 PM
It's tough to compare them as surrounds, but the only edge the 200's had were ease of placement/mounting because of no port to deal with. The 170's are more capable, but as surrounds, I didn't think I lost anything with the 200's.

Gotcha. Thanks. With the HTMs I get a not so bad SBIR cancelation from behind the speaker at 375 Hz. With the CBMs I calculated one down in the 200 hz region which would be more impactful on the sound I believe. Looks like I'll stay with the HTMs for now.