PDA

View Full Version : May I listen to your Tower or Sierra 1 in Seattle?

audiobility
08-26-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm planning to purchase new speakers for stereo use, not home theatre and am asking owners in the Seattle area if I may audition theirs. I've read favorable reviews on Ascend but have yet to listen to any. I'm willing to travel a bit and listen any time convenient for you.

randyrlee2
08-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Hey Audiobility,

I live in Lynnwood, just north of Seattle a bit. Have the RAAL towers in a stereo only setup. You are more than welcome to come give them a listen if you want. Fair warning though, you are gonna want them if you listen to them. My turntable is getting worked on, but the cd or pc via Audioengine D2 (absolutely LOVE it!!!) can be used. So load a chip with music, or bring some cd's, or let me pick music that will astonish you.

I'll wait for a response and then we'll figger' out how to contact each other.

randy lee

davef
09-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks Randy !. I live in Edmonds so it should be easy to get together. Best way for us to make contact is land line XXXXXXXXXXXX or email xXXXXXXXX

audiobility -- please contact randy through the private messaging system. Publicly posting your email address and phone number on an internet forum is only going to result in massive amounts of spam.

I recommend you edit your post to remove this info.

Hope you enjoy the demo and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

oneeardeaf
10-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Can I get to listen to it as well?

I just bought B&W 683 and I am going to return it and now I have been debating to buy the tower RAAL or Sierra 2, would love to listen to one of them.

I will get donuts :)

randyrlee2
10-21-2015, 03:53 PM
You betcha' you can listen to mine. During the week late mornings to early afternoons are best for me. I'll send you an email now.

Make sure to bring music that tests ALL the parameters you want to check. I do have my turntable fixed so that is an option, as well as cd and/or memory chip.

randy

oneeardeaf
10-23-2015, 06:19 PM
I will begin buy saying thank so much Randy, such an awesome person.
He let me use his CD's and play the CD's I got, this was definitely a wonderful listening time. His set up was very clean, loved the sunfire power amp and of course the speakers.

Now the speaker, as you see I took a picture of the Randy's set up.

The towers them self look so nice, not so huge, they have a "look at me" appeal, loved it.

The SOUND, O my, these are brilliant. I am not great at describing sound and its qualities, I will write what I though from the one hour of listening.

I own a B&W 683 in comparison the towers sounded so much cleaner, crisp and nice, I don't think this is even a comparison.
The sound stage they could set was something I have never heard.
When Randy played Eagles - Hotel California (Live hell freezes over), it felt so real, felt like I was right there in the first row.

I was concerned about the off axis drop off as many have mentioned about it, but that so little it didn't even bother me. These are a perfect set of speakers.

Like my user name says, I am almost deaf in one ear so what I hear is different from normal people, even with this condition I can tell difference in sound from the left and right speaker, so cause of this rarely does a speaker make me feel the sound stage. It has been a childhood dream of owning a set of speakers that can wow me, and I found them.

I will ordering these speakers immediately after getting rid my 683's which will be tomorrow.
I am so excited.

randyrlee2
10-23-2015, 07:05 PM
I have to say it was truly a pleasure spending some quality time with Ganesh. Made him promise to invite me to hear his when he gets them.

Ditto for the childhood dream. Sometimes they come true.

The only thing I would do different next time is make sure whoever comes to hear them has more time to listen. One hour really isn't enough to cover the spectrum of what these speakers do well.

One thing I would add for those looking to buy these. Ganesh and I both agree there is no need for boosting the bass with a subwoofer. When the bass is in the music, it is recreated perfectly by these speakers.