PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading 340 center to go with Horizon mains: another Horizon or other Sierra?

JRLLRJ
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm using one of my 340s as a center with my Horizon mains (the other 340 is serving as a mono speaker in my bedroom and misses its friend). The Horizons (which I use vertically) have the regular tweeter. I want to upgrade the center for more clear dialogue and to shift the 340 to a different room.

I care more about music (and use just the mains for that), but do enough theater to want to upgrade the center and regain use of stereo elsewhere. Setup: Horizons as mains, HTMs as surround, no sub.

Is the Horizon center the only solid way to go as an upgrade and achieve a good match with the Horizon mains? Should I consider the Sierra 1 or 2 as center instead, for price and space reasons? (The tv rests on the center speaker so while I CAN be ok with the higher placement of a taller speaker, it's not optimal probably.) How big a difference will I hear in a medium room between the Horizon Center vs. the other Sierra centers.

Thanks!
-Jeff

white_darren
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I'd think a Sierra 1 NrT would be a great fit for your needs.

JRLLRJ
07-08-2015, 09:45 PM
A quick email from Dave was all it took to nudge me into just getting the Horizon as center... I'd regret it later if I didn't... :)