PDA

View Full Version : satin black versus matte black finish

monkuboy
06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm planning on getting the Sierra 2's but haven't decided between a matte versus satin black finish. I understand the satin finish shows the grain of the bamboo whereas the matte is solid so the grain doesn't show.

I've been looking at the gallery pics on the web site but my monitor isn't the greatest so I thought I'd ask here.

Are the textures of the finishes similar?

Also, what about the shine or gloss - does one look more reflective than the other?

Would the satin finish match okay with a solid black matte stand?

Thanks!

davef
06-22-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm planning on getting the Sierra 2's but haven't decided between a matte versus satin black finish. I understand the satin finish shows the grain of the bamboo whereas the matte is solid so the grain doesn't show.

I've been looking at the gallery pics on the web site but my monitor isn't the greatest so I thought I'd ask here.

Are the textures of the finishes similar?

Also, what about the shine or gloss - does one look more reflective than the other?

Would the satin finish match okay with a solid black matte stand?

Thanks!

Happy to assist you!

The Satin Black Bamboo finish is very similar to a black ash or black oak finish. The texture of the grain is revealed through the dye, and the finish itself has a minor (satin) sheen to it. It is mildly reflective.

The black matte finish is a slightly textured (a sand type texture) thick epoxy-like paint. It does not reflect light nor does it reveal any grain. It is an extremely durable finish and an excellent choice if you want the speakers to disappear when the lights are out.

Give us a call and speak with Dina. She can text you some pictures if you like :)

monkuboy
06-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Happy to assist you!

The Satin Black Bamboo finish is very similar to a black ash or black oak finish. The texture of the grain is revealed through the dye, and the finish itself has a minor (satin) sheen to it. It is mildly reflective.

The black matte finish is a slightly textured (a sand type texture) thick epoxy-like paint. It does not reflect light nor does it reveal any grain. It is an extremely durable finish and an excellent choice if you want the speakers to disappear when the lights are out.

Give us a call and speak with Dina. She can text you some pictures if you like :)

Thanks Dave, but you're too late. I talked to Dina on Friday and ended up ordering three of the satin black. ;) Can't wait to see and hear them! :)

davef
06-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks Dave, but you're too late. I talked to Dina on Friday and ended up ordering three of the satin black. ;) Can't wait to see and hear them! :)

Awesome ... thanks! We started building them this afternoon :)

monkuboy
06-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Awesome ... thanks! We started building them this afternoon :)

Great! I sure hope they can be ready and shipped out by Thursday - that would make for one fine weekend. Thanks! :)

davef
06-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Great! I sure hope they can be ready and shipped out by Thursday - that would make for one fine weekend. Thanks! :)

Will be ready tomorrow :)

monkuboy
06-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Will be ready tomorrow :)

Ooh, even better - thank you so much! I would say "no rush" but then I'd be lying, haha. ;) Thanks!