PDA

View Full Version : At What Point Do The Sierra RAAL Towers No Longer "Cut" It?

Chipless
05-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I love mine, and I can't imagine a situation they wouldn't excel in, so this is purely out of curiosity: Is there a room size that would demand something different than the Sierra RAAL Tower? If so, what's the cut-off? Also, what would be the substitute?

I was also going to ask how much money it would take to find a "better" loudspeaker than the Tower given the same intended use as the Tower, but I don't think one exists :D

davef
05-14-2015, 07:04 PM
I love mine, and I can't imagine a situation they wouldn't excel in, so this is purely out of curiosity: Is there a room size that would demand something different than the Sierra RAAL Tower? If so, what's the cut-off? Also, what would be the substitute?

I was also going to ask how much money it would take to find a "better" loudspeaker than the Tower given the same intended use as the Tower, but I don't think one exists :D

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the towers! This is really an impossible question to answer as it all depends on the listener's volume level preferences. For listeners who prefer insanely loud volume levels, even the towers in a small room might not be enough for them. The converse is also true, there are listeners who prefer the 75dB range and using the towers in even a huge room would be perfect. We have happy tower customers using them in nearly every room size (within reason).

bkdc
05-15-2015, 04:33 AM
I don't ever see myself upgrading or changing for reasons of sound quality or output. The only reason I would swap speakers is if we come up new technology which allows slim wall-hanging speakers to produce comparable sound quality to tower speakers. I don't see that coming down the road any time soon.

FirstReflect
05-15-2015, 06:00 AM
Just going strictly by the output capabilities of the Towers RAAL, once your seating distance is great than about 25-26 feet, the Towers RAAL will most likely be unable to deliver greater than 105dB peak output in a room size that would allow for such a seating distance. But you will more likely run out of amplifier power before you run out of output capability from the speakers themselves.

bkdc
05-27-2015, 08:55 PM
My only other wish for the Sierra RAALs is to find an in-wall mountable version of it. I realize that may be an impossibility of physics, but man would I buy a set.

CincyMat
05-30-2015, 01:11 PM
I've had mine for two months and they just keep sounding sweeter and sweeter. I love to listen to acoustic guitar music and live recordings. The Sierra towers with RAAL tweeters just sound so real, live, like James Taylor is in my room playing just for me.

Listening to "Live at the Troubadour" now. Carole and James are right here.

Mark