PDA

View Full Version : Hegel H160 Impressions?

pedalfasterben
05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Curious if anyone has heard the Hegel H160 with Sierra 2's (or other)... Worth the upgrade from a Peachtree Nova 220 SE?

Thanks!
b

Mag_Neato
05-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Those pieces are above my pay grade, but I would be a bit surprised if you could actually tell a difference. If you are intimately familiar with the characteristics of your system now, you may be able to pick out differences between the two in an A/B setup where you can do instantaneous switching.

xr2
08-16-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm looking at the Hegel and wondering if you ever tried it out?

pedalfasterben
08-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Hey xr2, Ed nailed it, it's hard to tell. I found a screaming deal on the H300 and ran it for a few months, couple of A/B sessions when bored. While the Hegel is better, it's such a slight margin I stuck with the Peachtree, mainly for the great headphone section which the Hegal is lacking. Sound wise, the Hegel is better dampened (cleaner/tighter/fuller) bass with crisper and less 'bright' highs. The thing about it, you have to have both cranked to hear the difference. at the limit of stupid loud the Hegel gets fuller and sweeter, the Peachtree had a touch of harshness, but very subtle. Luckily I sold the Hegel on Audiogon and broke even, so no regrets...