PDA

View Full Version : my b stock purchase

tjc50
04-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Can I get some reassurance? I am kind of worried although I bet everything will be fine. I have never purchsed "b stock" equipment . Is ascends b stock essentially like brand new? I hope. Just sold all of my polk monitor series and ordered 3x 340se up front and 170s for surrounds all b stock

curtis
04-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Can I get some reassurance? I am kind of worried although I bet everything will be fine. I have never purchsed "b stock" equipment . Is ascends b stock essentially like brand new? I hope. Just sold all of my polk monitor series and ordered 3x 340se up front and 170s for surrounds all b stock
Ascend's B-stock is often times indistinguishable from A-stock, but you can not expect it to be just like A-stock.

tjc50
04-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Not going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. But I know there are huge differences between companies b stock. I have seen some that had big rings in the cabinet or cracks. If its a dab of excess glue or a slight scratch or a tiny nick im fine with that.

rsmt2000
04-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Not going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. But I know there are huge differences between companies b stock. I have seen some that had big rings in the cabinet or cracks. If its a dab of excess glue or a slight scratch or a tiny nick im fine with that.

FWIW, My horizon RAAL is B stock. There is a minute dent on the cabinet edge which gets covered with the grille. Even With the grill off it is almost impossible to find it from more than 3-4 feet even if you know where it is. So in my opinion only those speakers which cannot be 100% sold as NEW make it to b stock. I wish I had the towers too in b stock and saved quite some $$$.