PDA

View Full Version : Banana Plug Wall Plates?

Johnny_Mac_III
03-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm trying to decide the best way to hide my speaker wire to my 4 wall mounted HTM 200s. I know I am going to go through the wall, I just want to know what is the best type of plate if any to use.

My first idea is to run the 12 AWG CL2 rated speaker wire to the main banana plug wall plate, then out through the wall to the banana plug wall plate where the speaker is located, and then to the speaker. This just seems like a lot of connections and the wire will not be that well hidden. However, the wall will be sealed.

My second thought is to run all the speaker cables through a 1 gang recessed wall plate then out through another 1 gang recessed wall plate where the speaker is located. This will minimize the number of connections, but the wall will not be sealed. The wall plate will still be there and might look a bit intrusive.

My third option is to run all the speaker cables through a 1 gang recessed wall plate then drill a hole behind the speaker just big enough to fit the 12 AWG speaker wire through. From there I could connect the banana plugs. This seems to be less intrusive as there won't be a wall plate and the connections will be minimal, however the wall will not be sealed.

These are just the ideas that I came up with. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

dtsequoia
03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Thanks Johnny Mac! I never knew gang plates even existed! You just solved a major problem for me!

Johnny_Mac_III
03-29-2015, 10:24 AM
No problem. Nice to hear :)