PDA

View Full Version : RAAL towers with Primaluna Tubes

ematthews
11-25-2014, 07:09 PM
I have two systems at home right now. Primaluna Dialogue HP Integrated amp. And the Parasound P5 Preamp being driven by the ATI 2000 amp. I have the RAAL Towers on order and hope to get them sometime in December. I am wondering this. The Primaluna has a wonderful open engaging sound. I love it however it's not as detailed or as clear as the Solid State ATI amp with P5 Pre. Wondering if anyone out there has used both Tube gear and Solid State with the RAAL towers and what do you prefer?

curtis
11-25-2014, 08:16 PM
All a matter of preference, but one thing is for sure, anything tube related will not match the detail of good solid state. It is just the nature of the differences.

ematthews
11-26-2014, 05:25 AM
I agree, but in the end it's what we enjoy most. I almost sold the Primaluna but just couldn't let it go. I am enjoying both systems. Now I am trying to decide what system I will run the RAAl towers with. My other speakers are RBH SX-6300/R towers..

ematthews
12-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Speakers are here. Primaluna is winning so far. Really great sound out of the 8 ohm taps..

AR2ax man
12-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi ematthews, just wondering what your opinion, impressions and happiness with the P5 are. Have been thinking of getting the P5 to have a 2 channel setup with HT bypass. I have the Towers with the NRT. Would you consider the P5 neutral.

ematthews
12-19-2014, 08:41 AM
The P5 is very neutral in my opinion. It's a great preamp. I am not using it much since I am running my Primaluna tube amp almost every time I play my audio. The P5 is the only SS preamp I would buy due to all the features too.

AR2ax man
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the input!