PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Receiver?

donaldekelly
08-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I am trying to find a cheap AV receiver.

I have 170s classic and I bought a HSU STF-2 and it sounds pretty good. I realized in looking at bass management that my speakers are set to large by default on Yamaha HTR 5540 receiver and I don't have the remote (yard sale buy came without remote).

I don't think I can buy a remote - so any recommendations for a cheap good receiver? I don't need wifi bluetooth, networking. Just clean sound and bass management. I suppose anything with a name like Denon or HK or Onkyo or Yamaha that is marked down at bestbuy would fill the bill? I am running only 2.1 but do have other speakers that have a center that I might try on the receiver.

Thanks for any basic advice for a still pretty much newbie.

Mr.Lawrence
08-24-2014, 11:18 AM
I am trying to find a cheap AV receiver.

I have 170s classic and I bought a HSU STF-2 and it sounds pretty good. I realized in looking at bass management that my speakers are set to large by default on Yamaha HTR 5540 receiver and I don't have the remote (yard sale buy came without remote).

I don't think I can buy a remote - so any recommendations for a cheap good receiver? I don't need wifi bluetooth, networking. Just clean sound and bass management. I suppose anything with a name like Denon or HK or Onkyo or Yamaha that is marked down at bestbuy would fill the bill? I am running only 2.1 but do have other speakers that have a center that I might try on the receiver.

Thanks for any basic advice for a still pretty much newbie.

Have you considered used? If so, I have a Denon AVR-3806 that is in excellent condition. I just upgraded to a Denon AVR X4000. I'm in Maryland.

dtsequoia
08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
My brother bought the Pioneer VSX 824-k recently. He loves it. I have the Pioneer Elite SC-65 and love it as well. He bought his for like 300 on Newegg. I highly recommend Pioneer's stuff. They have a great sound to them.