PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Area - Any Sierra Tower or Sierra-2 owners?

RRT-NPS
07-24-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm actually in Gainesville, VA and would love to a demo. And, yes, I know about the fantastic return policy.

RRT-NPS
07-27-2014, 12:57 PM
NO DC towers? :(

donaldekelly
08-05-2014, 05:08 AM
I would be interested as well.

No luck I guess.

bkdc
08-18-2014, 08:35 AM
I would be interested as well.

No luck I guess.

I live in a small 700 sq foot apartment, so the acoustics are not great. But you guys are welcome for a demo one evening. (Arlington, VA). Based on size constraints, I might be interested in selling my towers and horizon since I also own Sierra-2's.

bobola
08-18-2014, 09:41 AM
I live in a small 700 sq foot apartment, so the acoustics are not great. But you guys are welcome for a demo one evening. (Arlington, VA). Based on size constraints, I might be interested in selling my towers and horizon since I also own Sierra-2's.

I have been hoping to get an audition of some Sierra-1 or Sierra-2 speakers for some time, but have had no response to audition requests in the DC/Maryland area. I too would very much appreciate the opportunity.

donaldekelly
08-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Sounds interesting - I am pretty free pending WAF this month. If others have a particular date that works it might work for me. I don't want to make BKDC have an endless parade of visitors.

delta39t
08-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi all,
I would love the opportunity also. I've been reading tons of posts here but recently have become busy at work and I have not posted the question to audition some speakers in the area. I live in the Dulles area. I hate to jump in on this but I've been wanting to post this same request.

thanks!

donaldekelly
08-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Actually, while I would love to hear any sierras I am not sure my wife would appreciate it and realistically I am not in the market for new speakers right now. Maybe another time, but thanks BKDC

delta39t
08-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Since donaldekelly is out...I guess its up to bkdc to allow whoever he wants to come to his place for a demo. It looks like it is down to RRT-NPS, bobola and myself(delta39t). Guess we'll have to wait for a reply from him. I'm definitely in the market for some new speakers and a demo would help with my decision.

bobola
08-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Thanks delta39t for reviving this. I sent pm to bkdc; we'll see what happens. I'm corresponding with Dave regarding speaker choices; hearing the Sierra-2 would be a big help.

delta39t
09-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Sorry for the delay...my email was hacked. I didn't know anybody posted to this thread. I would love to hear them too. I don't want to purchase w/o hearing first even though there is a return period. I feel like I should try to hear them first. I listened to a Martin Logan 5.1 at BB. Sounded good...I thought. Had a special goin on at the time so I put a returnable deposit on them. Just been reading a lot about Ascends and now I'm curious. Guess we'll have to wait and see.