PDA

View Full Version : New Yamaha CX-A5000 on its way!

merrymaid520
07-03-2014, 08:00 AM
Well I ordered the Yamaha CX-A5000 to replace my rx-a3000. It was a tough decision between it and the upcoming 3040. Dolby atmos sounds intriguing but I have zero options for ceiling speakers etc, so.....

I'm hoping the separate pre/pro and amp are an improvement over my 3000. I ended up snagging a 7ch outlaw amp at 75 w/ch to power my center, surrounds, and zone speakers while my parasound A21 powers the front 2. I only care about movie performance being I use a parasound P5 for 2ch material.

Setup:
Ascend acoustics Towers with RAAL as L & R
Ascend acoustics Horizon with RAAL as center
Ascend acoustics Sierra-2 with RAAL as rear surrounds
Dual 15" Rythmik subs eq'd with REW and Behringer fbd
Parasound A21, P5, and zdac
Music server running Jriver

I'm hoping the setup satisfies my movie playback for the foreseeable future!

Happy 4th everyone!

Brandon

mde8965
07-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a nice rig What was your main issue with the rx-a3000? Was it feature related or sound?

I have ordered the exact same speaker set you have. And I have 2 F15 subs too. But I run a Denon AVR-4311 with an Emotiva XPA-5. I use Sonos connects with music streamed from a Synology NAS. The same NAS also streams nearly 200 Blu Ray and DVD movies and a lot of TV series through a Mede8er box.

Anyway, I hope the new Pre/Pro satisfies your movie watching needs.

merrymaid520
07-03-2014, 07:07 PM
No issues with the rx-a3000. I had an opportunity to upgrade and I decided why not:). I always liked the 3000 and my previous yamaha receivers.

Great set of speakers:). I also use a synology 4 bay nas for streaming music and movies(xbmc for movies and Jriver for music). I tried the sonos, nice unit but missed the high res option.

Sounds like a nice rig What was your main issue with the rx-a3000? Was it feature related or sound?

I have ordered the exact same speaker set you have. And I have 2 F15 subs too. But I run a Denon AVR-4311 with an Emotiva XPA-5. I use Sonos connects with music streamed from a Synology NAS. The same NAS also streams nearly 200 Blu Ray and DVD movies and a lot of TV series through a Mede8er box.

Anyway, I hope the new Pre/Pro satisfies your movie watching needs.