PDA

View Full Version : Dave's secret is out - bamboo at Rubio's!

Beave
06-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Tonight I stopped by a local Rubio's to grab some fish tacos for dinner. They had recently renovated the interior of this particular location, and it seemed more upscale at first glance.

I sat at an area inside the restaurant that had something like a bartop with barstools. While waiting for my food to arrive I happened to notice that the bartop was made with what sure looked like natural-finish bamboo! It looked eerily similar to my Sierra 1 monitors, almost exactly the same!

So I got a bit curious and glanced around some more, and noticed that they had new tables that clearly had layers of laminated bamboo underneath the top layer.

When my food arrived, I got a little uncomfortable feeling - feeling like I was using one of my speakers for my table. I really didn't want to drop any food on the table.

From now on when I see my speakers I'll think of Rubio's.

Any chance of Dave working with Rubio's to co-market the speakers and fish tacos? Buy a set of Sierra 1's and get 10 free fish tacos? Have the Sierra Towers on display in natural bamboo next to Rubio's new bamboo decor?

davef
06-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Tonight I stopped by a local Rubio's to grab some fish tacos for dinner. They had recently renovated the interior of this particular location, and it seemed more upscale at first glance.

I sat at an area inside the restaurant that had something like a bartop with barstools. While waiting for my food to arrive I happened to notice that the bartop was made with what sure looked like natural-finish bamboo! It looked eerily similar to my Sierra 1 monitors, almost exactly the same!

So I got a bit curious and glanced around some more, and noticed that they had new tables that clearly had layers of laminated bamboo underneath the top layer.

When my food arrived, I got a little uncomfortable feeling - feeling like I was using one of my speakers for my table. I really didn't want to drop any food on the table.

From now on when I see my speakers I'll think of Rubio's.

Any chance of Dave working with Rubio's to co-market the speakers and fish tacos? Buy a set of Sierra 1's and get 10 free fish tacos? Have the Sierra Towers on display in natural bamboo next to Rubio's new bamboo decor?

Haha -- there is a Rubio's close to me. I will have to check it out :)

Beave
06-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I would have taken - and posted - some pictures, but I generally don't carry a phone/camera around with me (shocking, I know). Plus, it might have looked a little odd to be taking pictures of the tabletops in Rubio's. They might think I was with the health department or something! ;)