PDA

View Full Version : Looking to audition sierra towers (SF bay area)

JesseNims
06-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Hello. I have been in the market for new speakers and currently sierra towers w/ raal look like the best candidates but I would really like to hear them first. Is anyone willing to allow me to listen to their's sometime in the next week or two? I would be in your debt... I don't have a vehicle, so being within a few mile walk of a Bart station would be a huge plus, but I will take what I can get. I live in Berkeley, but am willing to travel. Thanks.

markie
06-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Hi Jesse

It's uncanny that in the last month you are about the 6th person in the SF Bay area asking to audition the Sierras! From this thread http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?5695-SF-Bay-Area-Audition-Request you could network with others in your area for an audition. Good luck!

Mark

JesseNims
06-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Yeah. I read that. It seems that everyone is auditioning the sierra 2s though (some are interested in the towers, but no-one has offered to open their house to auditions for them). I suppose that demoing the sierra 2 would help me determine if I like the RAAL. Maybe the right answer is just to order the towers myself and try in my home. I can always return them if I don't like them. I can let some of the people in that thread audition the towers at my place also if I do that...