PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Audition Request

mike0999
05-08-2014, 02:56 AM
I live in the SF Bay Area and am wondering if anyone might be willing to allow me to listen to any of the Sierra 2's (used as mains) and the Sierra Towers, with or without RAAL. I'd ultimately like to hear each if possible. I understand that I may be unlikely to hear more than one set of these at any one location.

ears4fear
05-13-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'm looking to upgrade my dynaudio x16 speakers and wanting to know if the sierra2 are better speakers. Anyone in the San Jose area that has a pair of sierra-2 that's willing to do an A/B listening session?
Thanks,
Joe

kokishin
05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Would like to hear S-2's in the SF Bay area. I live in San Jose.

markie
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Wow, three people near San Francisco wanting to hear the Sierras!

The three of you could car pool down to Sierra headquarters in southern California for an audition. Heck it's just a 7 hour drive away down the interstate :)

Or

One of you could have the Sierra 2's shipped to you and the three of you could audition at the buyer's house, perhaps comparing them to the Dynaudios. (The Dynaudios are very good but I think the Sierra 2's would readily outperform them.)

Any other options? :)

Mark

davef
05-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Any luck finding a local customer to audition Sierra-2's? Please let me know.. thanks!

kokishin
05-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Any luck finding a local customer to audition Sierra-2's? Please let me know.. thanks!

No luck so far.

davef
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
No luck so far.

OK -- tell you what... Since there appears to be three people looking to audition the two's in the same area - you guys work it out and we will arrange to send a pair to one of you. The pair will, of course, have to be purchased, but Ascend will cover all freight costs so that it is truly risk free. In the unlikely event that the pair is returned, we will also cover return shipping costs.

The condition is that the person we send the pair to must also allow the others to come to their home to audition them.

Once you have it worked out -- please send me an email or PM.

Thanks and I hope this works.

kokishin
05-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Dave,

That is extremely generous. Let me check with Joe (ears4fear) to see if he can host.

ears4fear
05-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Sure. I can host. Rich, give me a call to work out the details. I've PM'ed you with my phone number.

mike0999
05-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Can someone pm me so I can coordinate as well? Appreciate it.

kokishin
05-22-2014, 12:48 AM
mike0999,

Sent you PM.

leuz
05-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi guys, I'm in the Bay area too and in the market for speakers. I would love to team up to audition these babies (although I'm more inclined to the towers) :) Can you guys keep me up to date with this?
Thanks, Leo

kokishin
05-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi guys, I'm in the Bay area too and in the market for speakers. I would love to team up to audition these babies (although I'm more inclined to the towers) :) Can you guys keep me up to date with this?
Thanks, Leo

ears4fear (Joe) will host. Please PM him or me with your contact info.

ears4fear
05-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Speakers are not in stock as of 05/27/14. Will try to order again at the end of the week i.e. Sierra-2 speakers.

leuz
05-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Speakers are not in stock as of 05/27/14. Will try to order again at the end of the week i.e. Sierra-2 speakers.

Thanks for the update, I PM'd kokishin with my info btw.

davef
05-27-2014, 05:09 PM

We will have a limited supply available towards the end of this week -- with the bulk of out-of-stock parts arriving in 3 weeks. Please get the order in as soon as possible We have a massive back order on Sierra-2 right now and the sooner you order, the better. (you will not be charged until your speakers are assembled)

omegacentrix
05-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Hi All,

I just put an order in for Sierra-2s and a Horizon center. Folks are welcome to come over to my place and see what they are like, though I don't have any sort of fancy setup. Will have to check with the wife though. PM me if interested - I'm in Mountain View.

Thanks,
Dave

docBliny
05-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Funny timing. I'm in the Bay Area too and put in my order for two pairs of Sierra-2s and a -2 center yesterday. However, I'm up in the East Bay so it'd be a bit of a drive for you guys. Plus the current backorder status we'll have to see who gets them first, though I think I beat Dave (omegacentrix) by a few hours.

//Tomi B.

ears4fear
05-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank you for the invite. Let us know when yours arrived.I may order the tower instead.

Funny timing. I'm in the Bay Area too and put in my order for two pairs of Sierra-2s and a -2 center yesterday. However, I'm up in the East Bay so it'd be a bit of a drive for you guys. Plus the current backorder status we'll have to see who gets them first, though I think I beat Dave (omegacentrix) by a few hours.

//Tomi B.

kokishin
06-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi All,

I just put an order in for Sierra-2s and a Horizon center. Folks are welcome to come over to my place and see what they are like, though I don't have any sort of fancy setup. Will have to check with the wife though. PM me if interested - I'm in Mountain View.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm interested as well as willing to help you set them up should you want some assistance. Have an ETA?

Thanks

leuz
06-04-2014, 09:24 PM
+1 for interest on hearing these :)