PDA

View Full Version : awww.....towers backordered, what's next???

sunlight99
04-14-2014, 09:16 AM
[Edited]

It's all good now, thank you Dina!

bkdc
04-14-2014, 09:27 AM
You can tell the difference in the mid-lows. The towers sound fuller. But with a good subwoofer to fill out the bottom end, you won't be crying tears because the difference is so subtle.

I own a pair of Sierra-1 NrT, Sierra-2, and Sierra Towers. They are all awesome.

petmotel
04-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Two weeks ago I ordered the towers w/RAAL and I was told that they just received a new shipment of tower cabinets and it will take 1-2 weeks to get through back order list.
Then I sold my speakers. Stupid me, lol!
Today I was told all towers are sold and the next batch will come in 2 months!

What will I be missing if I order Sierra 2 instead? I know they have similar highs, what about lows and mids? Is the difference significant? I can't have no speakers for 2 months but I also don't want to have any regret later, ahhh, tough choice here.

Two Sierra-2s now, wait for the Towers/Horizon for your LRC, and you'll have a fabulous 5 channel set-up! Don't you love how others are so willing to help you spend your money?

If you're just doing a stereo pair, the S-2s are amazingly close to the Towers. I had a real tough time telling them apart when I had a pair of each playing side by side. Although the S-2s don't extend quite as deeply as the Towers, I think their bass is even cleaner/tighter than the Towers, which is quite a feat.

As far as the mids are concerned, I expected that would be where the greatest performance delta would occur between the two. Again the Twos stunned me with performance VERY close to what the Towers produce.

I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference between the two (except possibly in the depth of bass) unless the two were playing side by side, and being switched between the two. And even then it's very close. The Sierra-2s seriously exceeded my expectations, and quite frankly, I expected them to be extremely good.

Jay

jahjd2000
04-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Do you use a sub and are you mainly a HT or music listener?

merrymaid520
04-14-2014, 11:14 AM
I just recently listened to my S2's which will be going into surround duty. I had the opportunity to compare them with my RAAL Towers and being they are crossed over at 80hz, I only focused on the mids and highs. I could discern a difference in the midrange. The towers were fuller (As mentioned above) and had more weight to them. Now it was not night and day, but when switching back and forth, one could notice it. The highs obviously sounded identical to me. Having the dedicated mid driver obviously has its advantages in terms of clarity, separation, and fullness.

Hope this helps,
Brandon

sunlight99
04-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Mainly music, sometimes I watch movies but I don't want a sub in the room (due to room size), that's why I favor the towers for producing lower ends.

jahjd2000
04-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Would the Rythmik F12 be too big for your room? It would provide a really nice low end to compliment a pair of S2s or even towers. I'm of the subwoofer variety. Properly calibrated a sub can blend in really nicely with your mains. I have an Epik Empire currently and ordered a Ryhtmik E15HP -- plan to order another E15HP in the near future to replace the Empire.

davef
04-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Two weeks ago I ordered the towers w/RAAL and I was told that they just received a new shipment of tower cabinets and it will take 1-2 weeks to get through back order list.
Then I sold my speakers. Stupid me, lol!
Today I was told all towers are sold and the next batch will come in 2 months!

What will I be missing if I order Sierra 2 instead? I know they have similar highs, what about lows and mids? Is the difference significant? I can't have no speakers for 2 months but I also don't want to have any regret later, ahhh, tough choice here.

Please give us a call... I believe we have a pair for you :)

sunlight99
04-14-2014, 01:39 PM
A big thanks to Dina that we finally got it resolved. :) It was due to a last minute change of color. It's my fault that I should have double checked if the backorder was due to the color change or the item itself.

Anyway, I am back on the shipping list for this batch!