View Full Version : Integra Receiver

diesel79
04-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Does anyone have experience with Integra receivers? I have ordered my sierra 2's, but won't have them until May.

I was set on Marantz SR5008 or 6008, but my buddy likes Integra. I would be looking at the 40.5.

The Integra has a lower level of Audyssey, and no option for a direct mode. However, it does have built in blue tooth, and wifi. I would really like a direct mode, but not sure if it would be much different from a stereo setting. My receiver is over 10 years old so it is far different from todays stuff.

Is this a 6 one way, half dozen the other? Or will their be an actual difference in sound? I know Integra is Onkyos upper brand, but you don't really read much about them.

Kisakuku
04-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have experience with Integra receivers? I have ordered my sierra 2's, but won't have them until May.

I was set on Marantz SR5008 or 6008, but my buddy likes Integra. I would be looking at the 40.5.

The Integra has a lower level of Audyssey, and no option for a direct mode. However, it does have built in blue tooth, and wifi. I would really like a direct mode, but not sure if it would be much different from a stereo setting. My receiver is over 10 years old so it is far different from todays stuff.

Is this a 6 one way, half dozen the other? Or will their be an actual difference in sound? I know Integra is Onkyos upper brand, but you don't really read much about them.

Direct mode would disable bass management and room correction. Do you plan to use a sub and enable Audyssey for stereo music listening?

If Audyssey is important to you, you should really be looking at a unit with XT32 rather than XT and definitely not regular MultEQ in that Integra.

bkdc
04-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Integra has the same internals as an Onkyo since it's made by the same manufacturer. There are only a few more frills. They are quality receivers. However, an almost equivalent Onkyo can be had for less money.

diesel79
04-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I can get both Marantz and Integra at dealer pricing so they are both priced about the same. Im thinking I might just stick with my gut and go with the Marantz, bur wanted some input on both.

Kisakuku
04-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Integra has the same internals as an Onkyo since it's made by the same manufacturer. There are only a few more frills. They are quality receivers. However, an almost equivalent Onkyo can be had for less money.

And of course the same holds for Marantz and Denon AVRs in this price segment.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I can get both Marantz and Integra at dealer pricing so they are both priced about the same. Im thinking I might just stick with my gut and go with the Marantz, bur wanted some input on both.

Or if you want the best version of Audyssey, you could get a Denon X4000, which is pretty much equivalent to Marantz SR7008, instead of going with similarly priced lower Marantz models.

diesel79
04-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Crutchfield has a good deal on Yamaha RX A1020 receiver. From what I read they make a nice receiver as well. I might have to add that to my list as well as the Denon X4000.