PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-1 with TP-24 stands

parimento1
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM
I just realized you can use the TP-24 stands with the Sierra-1s, and you can hook them to the stand, which is very nice. BUT are 24 inch stands really ideal for the Sierra-1s or is that too short?

curtis
01-18-2014, 04:20 PM
I just realized you can use the TP-24 stands with the Sierra-1s, and you can hook them to the stand, which is very nice. BUT are 24 inch stands really ideal for the Sierra-1s or is that too short?
It depends on the height of your ears when listening. Ideally, the acoustic center of the speaker should be at ear height. With Sierra-1's, that is the point between the tweeter and woofer.

parimento1
01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
It depends on the height of your ears when listening. Ideally, the acoustic center of the speaker should be at ear height. With Sierra-1's, that is the point between the tweeter and woofer.

Well, ear height seated on my couch is about 40 inches.

curtis
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Well, ear height seated on my couch is about 40 inches.
I'm guessing you are within the listening window.

How far do you sit from the speakers?

rkoaudio
01-26-2014, 10:22 AM

Ears at the acoustic center or tweeter level? Personally, in order to get the pin-point imaging in the stereo system, I need to have my ears at the tweeter level. If I move them closer, to the point between tweeter and woofer, the location of voices and instruments gets a little bit blurred.

Imaging itself is greatly affected by speaker separation, toe-in and room acoustics. This is why it is important to experiment a little bit. For some, the ears closer to the tweeter and woofer might yield better results.