PDA

View Full Version : HTM-200 SE for Presence speakers?

pearsall001
10-27-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm running a Yamaha RX-A3010 AVR that has the capability of Front & Rear presence speakers. Do you think the HTM speakers would be overkill or they might be great for that application? Does anyone have experience with them for that application. Are they neutral sounding to blend in with a KEF Q system? The KEF Q100 & 300 bookies are simply too large for that appliction.

keihin
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
For those wondering about "presence speakers", as I was:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=41243

Given all of this and my experience with the HTM-200 SE, I would expect them to make excellent presence speakers. Small and accurate would seem to fit the bill.

davef
11-05-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm running a Yamaha RX-A3010 AVR that has the capability of Front & Rear presence speakers. Do you think the HTM speakers would be overkill or they might be great for that application? Does anyone have experience with them for that application. Are they neutral sounding to blend in with a KEF Q system? The KEF Q100 & 300 bookies are simply too large for that appliction.

HI Pearsall001,

Our HTM-200SE speakers are extremely neutral and will work quite well as presence speakers with your KEF-Q system. The 200's are very versatile and also rather surprising as to how well they perform, especially when considering their size. There really is nothing quite like them ;)