PDA

View Full Version : how much weight can a sierra horizon speaker handle ?

rsmt2000
10-01-2013, 10:09 AM
I am planning on placing a 50" LED Tv on top of a sierra horizon speaker atleast temporarily till I find a good mount for the tv.

Do you guys think a horizon can hold the weight of a 50 inch tv?

Ron

curtis
10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Dave has mentioned that something like that would not be a problem.

petmotel
10-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I am planning on placing a 50" LED Tv on top of a sierra horizon speaker atleast temporarily till I find a good mount for the tv.

Ron

I've got a 51" Samsung plasma that's been sitting on mine since I got it. It's built like the proverbial brick ****house and laughs at the mere weight of the TV. I think it could probably handle ten times the weight.

Jay

rsmt2000
10-01-2013, 04:43 PM
I've got a 51" Samsung plasma that's been sitting on mine since I got it. It's built like the proverbial brick ****house and laughs at the mere weight of the TV. I think it could probably handle ten times the weight.

Jay

Thank you so much for your reply. May be I think I should really be concerned if the tv stand can bear the weight of the horizon.;)

davef
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM

Ron

Yep -- absolutely not a problem :)

Kisakuku
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I think a bigger concern is that you wouldn't be able to vertically angle the Horizon or the TV toward MLP, so either one of the two or both will not be aimed correctly.

rsmt2000
10-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I think a bigger concern is that you wouldn't be able to vertically angle the Horizon or the TV toward MLP, so either one of the two or both will not be aimed correctly.

Thanks everyone. Yes this will be a temporary set up till I find a proper mount and install it.

petmotel
10-03-2013, 07:35 PM

I have the Horizon at about the same level (tweeter) as the Towers, so the plasma is higher than would be ideal, but it is actually not a bad thing in my case as it eliminates some glare from ambient lighting in the daytime.

Truth be told, a screen that is not perfectly perpendicular to my line of sight has never bothered me, I'm far more particular about the sound.

Jay

Kisakuku
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I have the Horizon at about the same level (tweeter) as the Towers, so the plasma is higher than would be ideal, but it is actually not a bad thing in my case as it eliminates some glare from ambient lighting in the daytime.

Truth be told, a screen that is not perfectly perpendicular to my line of sight has never bothered me, I'm far more particular about the sound.

Jay

The OP has an LCD TV, which has much narrower vertical viewing angle than your plasma.