PDA

View Full Version : Towers are a "WOW" speaker-Part 2

dalfrednix
09-19-2013, 01:32 PM
On July 27th I wrote about my initial reactions after listening to a pair of Ascend Sierra Towers I had just purchased and then promised this forum that I would write back after 30 days of listening. Well, it's MORE than 30 days, but I'm back with very good news.

I spoke of my concern that after listening to a pair of very expensive KEF monitors for over 20 years I simply would not be satisfied with anything else, especially from a pair of speakers that I had heard only on UTube! Replacing those KEFs with a new comparable pair would have cost close to $8000.

To my delight my initial positive reaction continues to be justified as time passes and I listen to a wide range of music from folk to vocal jazz to classical.

The thought of returning the speakers after that first listening experience NEVER entered my mind.

I would describe the sound as: full, deep, expansive, smooth with a so very realistic soundstage.

I debated on the wood finish and choose dark cherry; they a just gorgeous! respond with your email address and I'll send you a photo of the speakers.

markie
09-20-2013, 09:05 AM
This is great to hear! Getting the RAAL towers was the right choice. I'm curious, did you notice much of a break in period?

You can easily insert pictures into a post, and I would very much like to see your new beauties!

Mark